Why do my family interupt me with questions every time I sing?

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 10:35 am
I've had positive comments from friends about my singing, but for some reason, everytime I'm singing in front of my family, they don't give me any type of positive or negative feedback of any kind. They just interupt me mid song and ask me unrelated questions about other things.. It seems kinda rude, especially when I am practicing in another room.. my brother will come in and just start bombarding me with heaps of unrelated questions mid song I'm trying to learn. Why do people do this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 450 • Replies: 14
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 12:55 pm
@JazzyCat,
Humans are the only creatures that actually sings. They figure "your not doing anything at all" because chances are they have lack of faith or believes your going to go to a talent audition and leave them forever, and appear in a hotel lounge or venue or open areas performing. They are holding you down.

Ask yourself what are they into and what are their trades/skills/jobs/and areas of studies/hobbies/activities and then do the math.

They are holding you down. Again depending on the type of questions as well.

My aunt sang in her quire ( I think that is what it is called ). It moves me to tears. She sings in her showers, and enjoyed country music on her birthday.
The rest of family was shy, held back, cowards. Never sang, just be like the stereotype rubbish, and followed what was current. "That is not new that is old" bs mentality. She was taken from us via Cancer around fifty. Her son my cousin of same age passed at 23-24. Survives by her one daughter she had when she was sixteen before the guy she married.

Talent like that is like lighting. Does not strike twice.

Again human beings are the only creatures on the planet that sings. Birds do not sing they communicating as with Mice. Same with any other animals of the world. Communications. Singing is being more human then human.
engineer

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 01:19 pm
@JazzyCat,
They just don't consider what you are doing to have any value beyond personal entertainment. If you want them to consider it otherwise, you will have to tell them.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 07:24 pm
@JazzyCat,
Quote:
everytime I'm singing in front of my family, they don't give me any type of positive or negative feedback of any kind.

I would classify their constant interruptions as negative feedback, obviously they are not interested in listing to your singing.
Real Music

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 08:40 pm
@JazzyCat,
Quote:
I've had positive comments from friends about my singing

1. Do you have any examples of your friends giving you positive comments about your singing?

2. Exactly what positive comments did your friends say about your singing?

3. Did your friends say that your voice is amazing?

4. Did your friends say that they love the sound of your voice?

5. Did your friends ask you to sing for them?

6. Do your friends plead and beg you to sing a song for them?

7. I am just trying to get clarification of what you are asserting as being positive comments.

8. Give us some examples.

9. Tell us some of the things your friends actually said to you.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 08:58 pm
It's my thought maybe the family feels besieged by your singing and hopes to put a stop to it.
JazzyCat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 07:58 am
@PoliteMight,
Thank you for your answer, my family are a bit of a co-dependent mess so seems fitting, what you said. Sorry about your Aunt and cousin, may they rest in peace &>---<-----
0 Replies

JazzyCat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:02 am
@engineer,
Thank you for your answer, yes, it is very evident that I value different things to my family. I don't particulary want them to value what I do, just curious where this behaviour is coming from. I think I will leave my singing to karaoke nights with friends instead lol
0 Replies

JazzyCat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:04 am
@The Anointed,
XD LOL Yup!! I think you are spot on hahaha
0 Replies

JazzyCat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:47 am
@Real Music,
1. Yes, I sing regular karaoke with a group of friends and they always put in requests for songs they want me to sing.
2. I guess, it's more constructive feedback, like they like my vibrato, or give me ideas of what songs my voice would suit. I get wooed when I belt florence and the machine, I've been approached by strangers at karaoke bars who have told me I have an amazing voice. I don't mean to toot my own horn, I am not like that at karaoke, I prefer to sing backup for someone because I get nervous singing in front of lots of people.
3. I never liked singing because I had a bad experience when I was young, but my friends were surprised when I started singing, because they never heard me before. I think they are good friends because they encouraged me, even when I told them I have a terrible voice lol
4. No one has told me they love the sound of my voice, but I send my cats to sleep when I sing and play guitar lol
5. Yes, I've been embarrased when one of my friends asked me in front of a large group of people.
6. I've been put on the stop a couple of times, but people don't beg me to sing, I don't think I'm that good. I need some lessons lol
7., 8., 9. I guess, they are just more supportive. But some comments have been; "You have a beautiful voice", "Can you sing this song with me?", "Can you sing this song?", "Wow, I didn't know you could sing.", "What taf!" "Ok.. maybe just Jazz can sing that song.", complete opposite to my family's reaction.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:47 am
Lois and Peter singing high Laughing

JazzyCat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:49 am
@edgarblythe,
Yes.. besieged is probably the right verb. I don't sing in front of them anymore.
JazzyCat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 09:04 am
@Real Music,
XD LOL, tehehe that could help me overcome my nerves LOL XD
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 09:04 am
@JazzyCat,
I'm sorry. My family hates my singing too.
JazzyCat

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 09:34 am
@edgarblythe,
That's okay, let's sing like nobody's listening hehehe =D
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why do my family interupt me with questions every time I sing?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 06:53:04