How can I connect my laptop to the television?

Mr991

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2022 02:10 pm
Hi guys!
I was wondering whether it was possible to show what was on my TV screen on my laptop
Help! Thanks)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 208 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2022 02:25 pm
@Mr991,
What type of ports do you have? Really depends on what type of connections your TV and your laptop have. If you have a modern TV and laptop, you should be able to connect the two via an HDMI cable. If you have an older laptop with a VGA port for a monitor and no HDMI port, you can use a VGA to HDMI connector, something like this. If you do not have HDMI ports on your TV (which means your TV is pretty old), it gets a little harder but it still doable. You can also use something like a Roku and do screen mirroring but I find that is a bit slow.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2022 05:34 pm
@Mr991,
You have to get a video converter box. This will probably output to a low resolution but shows up great on television viewing.

If your labtop has a VGA port on it and your display ( because most TVs todays are displays ) has a VGA port you could plug it in. Some displays also support power-on and power-off sequences as well.

HDMI same thing but HDMI nowadays have many options. So check them out. However most HDMI will work with most displays and computers.

A problem

Some displays like the Fire-tv or Amazon tv on purposely will block your computer from connecting, because all a fire-tv and amazon-tv is really is a shotty android device. Same with fire-stick. You have people reprogramming fire-sticks to be used as portable computers.

Also shopping for decent tv is harder because of all the crappy "Smart" additions. You want an OLED display with optimal resolution, and non-blue light at all.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How can I connect my laptop to the television?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 10:28:24