job issue

MTDP

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2022 05:33 am
Hi there, I am electrical and electronic engineer,
i am doing my dream job, I still remember my first day at work i was super energetic and overwhelmed whatever, tasks i used to get i used to do it whole-heartedly, we have 3 engineers in our company and one of them is our mentor so, i was hired along with one guy, everything was going very cool when suddenly our first project order came in, we had proper discussing about all we need to work on after we all sat down on our systems to start working i was the first person to select all required products as per our requirements and whatever i presented got accepted so, the next stage was programming state about which we had no idea where to start from anyways i did full on research and got to know how to write it like the code base, i approached my team and presented them my idea but there was just one laptop and it was of that guy (not the mentor) I would name that guy as <A>. So, <A> told me to send him the video from where i learnt and i shared (my life's biggest mistake) after watching video he took over the whole project and i was still unaware on what's happening i considered it as a team and i was working i taught him a lot about programming and some basic commands after sometime i was completely kicked out i started to sit in corner because with <A> mentor started sitting and <A> used to explain him everything n me sitting in the corner just used to peak into the laptop screen. anyways, in the same project there came a time where we had to decide which system are we going to use sd card or bluetooth i opted for sd card but <A> opted for bluetooth our mentor decided to buy both and when the product arrived my sd card was kept aside and only bluetooth was in use so, i simply picked up my sd card and programmed, my team was literally sweating because they werent able to get the bluetooth system work and guess what within few min i was successful in making my sdcard system work. so, my mentor became very happy and we presented sd card system our boss.

Fast forward, i noticed that i am unaware of company projects, mentor doesn't inform me about projects<A> and mentor used to sit together so they became extremely close <A> got completely trained from mentor and he was given mentor's system that had all program data inside so whenever any project comes up all technicians would approach him to program IC. Now, its 2022 and i see myself nowhere in the company , nobody trusts me, i am not given any technical or hands-on tasks, only provided with office system work(MS office, PowerPoint, photo editor) which isn't even my job, if we ever have any technical task nobody is going to even ask me.

Please tell me what do i do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 281 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2022 06:34 am
@MTDP,
It's a hot job market for electrical engineers right now. If you don't see a future with the company, you can talk to your supervisor about it and if that doesn't reassure you, you can put out your resume.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2022 10:49 am
@MTDP,
Well to summarize what you wrote.

Your in a small company.
You do computer programming. ( despite describing electrical systems which has nothing to do with programming i/o devices asides for electrical load. I know electrical engineers who do tons of work but not one does programming )
There are three people all together in this team.
U= you, A = other you, M = Mentor

You have your first assignment.
You gather tools real fast
You have an idea but then you decide to "send" the idea to the other person.
They presented the idea as their own.
YOU DID NOT EXPLAIN TO YOUR SUPERVISOR OR "MENTOR" THAT IT WAS YOUR IDEA, AND BROUGHT IN YOUR OWN LABTOP WITH THE IDEA DATED AND EMAILS THAT YOU SENT THAT YOU SAVED BECAUSE EVERYTIME YOU SEND AN EMAIL IT IS SAVED AS SENT.

When you work with people, you do not show them how to do their job. No matter what, if you have to perform a task you do it for them, and if they say no you let them struggle. I know I love to help people as well and it gets you nowhere, you should not show anybody anything ( cruel ) you should even joke about how they are stealing time from you for you showing them anything. Yes I know it is a cruel way of thinking but all your doing is using your time for somebodies advantage.

Now your telling me that your "M" is being told things about you by "A".
That is childish behavior, your not suppose to let anybody else say anything about you or talk about you in life. This sounds like grade-school baby nonsense.

I have no idea why you would do anything with Microsoft Office. Your a programmer, who is able to work with software and hardware programming.
None of those things make any sense at all for you to be doing "office work"???

Why not just be honest and tell your supervisor you gave A your idea, you have the proof, and now your feeling left out. Is this a race or religious thing in the company within itself ??? This whole entire thing sounds silly.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » job issue
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 12:32:57