Happy Platinum Jubillee, Doing anything special to celebrate 70 years of Lizbianism?

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 08:16 am
We get two days off, a four day weekend which is little more thanan excuse for a massive piss up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 471 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 08:37 am
@izzythepush,
I'm still suffering from the last jubilee.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 10:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
This one looks like better weather, the last one will be remebered for picture of her maj and Phil the Greek watching the Royal Yacht when it was pissing it down, and Grace Jones hula hooping.

This Jubilee has a very different feel than the last two, it seems closer to the Silver Jubilee.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 11:15 am
@izzythepush,
Hard to believe she's been queen for more than 25% of the US's history as a country. There were still Civil War veterans around when she first became queen.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 11:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In what way are you suffering, Walter Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 12:20 pm
I was nine when she became Queen. Although we didn't have television and smartphones, the radio and my school made just as much fuss as there will be when her reign ends.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 12:45 pm
@Mame,
Well, all the flags etc were disturbing my photos.
Mame

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 03:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
lol Poor you! You're funny.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 01:05 am
Back in 1977 I remember my father putting bunting up at the house.

It was everywhere, we would drive from Kent to his parents house in Yorkshire, and it was ubiquitous.

I remember seeing a piece of grafitti saying stuff the jubilee and wondering why anyone would be against having a big party.

The Sex Pistols God Save The Queen almost hit number 1 in the charts, there is a feeling the figures were manipulated to keep it off the top spot, but by and large the country appeared fairly united.

That wasn't the case in 2002, public attitudes towards the Royal Family had sunk, there had been a sefies of revelations about tax and the death of Diana had a very negative effect.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 02:27 am
@izzythepush,
2012 wasn't a lot different from 2002. The British ambivalence to the Royal Family was on full display, people were more concerned with the Olympics.

60 years on the throne is quite im0ressive, but Queen Victoria already did, and it bloody pissed it down.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 03:04 am
@izzythepush,
This year is different, for a start this jubilee is unique, no other British monarch has reigned for so long.

I remember hearing a historian on the radio who said that the Queen is one of the few people still alive sho have been in the same room as Churchill and Roosevelt, and that was twenty years ago.

As for bunting, on Tuesday I drove to Somerset and the minute I left the New Forest it was everywhere. Fordingbridge in particular is covered in the stuff, even the George Inn whose picture of George II was taken down and replaced with one of George Orwell was covered in red white and blue ribbons.

Not so much after that, but it is evident,not to the same extent as 1977, but it's still there.

My daughter in law is Brazilian, and she is really excited, we're off out to a jubilee picnic in the nearest park in a minute.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 03:24 am
@izzythepush,
During the last jubilee, when we were in Cornwall, most flags were the Saint Piran's Flag, in some hamlets/villages even the only.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 03:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That's pretty much the case all year round throughout Cornwall, sorry Kurnow.
farmerman

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 08:52 pm
@izzythepush,
I saw Char=elie,all acccutered like Thomas the Tank with bits of ribbon for his royal vsiits to th troops
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 01:53 am
@farmerman,
I'm sorry, but that's a terrible simile, Thomas the Tank Engine doesn't get dressed up at all he always looks the same, what a about a Christmas Tree or a Derby Winner?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 01:56 am
@izzythepush,
At the Jubilee picnic there was a tombola, my son was the first customer and won the top prize a huge cuddly, fox, (not Liam.)

His Brazilian wife was well chuffed.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)

1. Forums
  2. » Happy Platinum Jubillee, Doing anything special to celebrate 70 years of Lizbianism?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 02:01:12