I’m in love with man that I haven’t talked in 2 years it’s a long story

Amour92

Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 10:40 pm
Hi my name is Leacy and I met this man in 2018 as my counselor shortly after that my little brother died. Because of which I was bawling and so we hugged a lot and it was the moment I met him I had a connection and so I fell in love. However he was getting married and I was afraid of rejection so I never told him how I truly felt and I just wanted him to be happy whether it was with me or not. I could tell he might feel the same way because he flirted a lot and said I was his favorite client and said he would miss me when I said I would miss him after he parted ways at the facility I was seeing him at. He gave his email and I emailed him once saying I will always appreciate his kindness and patience towards me and I had the upmost respect for him. And that was it fast forward a year and 8 months later ( during the pandemic) he messages me on the WhatsApp mind you I never gave him my number. He confesses his feelings for me how much he loves me that he wants to marry me says I’m his soulmate and that God sent me to him and writes me all this poetry. He says he put money down for a house for us. I told him how I felt he asked if I loved him but I told him it seems to good to be true. Unfortunately my jealous possessive and controlling mother gets involved screams at me after she sees what he wrote and then proceeds to threaten me asks me if I’m afraid of her and says she will get conservatorship over me if I go after him. Then blocks him on the app and threatens his job. I have a feeling she had something to do with my brothers death because his gf broke up with him because supposedly she wasn’t into him anymore. But the thing is my mom chaperoned them so she probably said something to the girl. Because my mom is a terrible person and couldn’t let her kids be happy. This isn’t the first time my mom interfered with my love life she did when I was in high school she had me at 16 and acts more like a sister then a mother. Unfortunately my brother shot himself over this girl with his own gun that he didn’t legally own because my mom let him get a fake I’d and because he was so tall he looked older then he was. Anyways aside from grieving my brother I’m grieving this guy and everything he promised he stoped talking to me I emailed him several times no response back he said he would always love me and I’m pathetically still in love with him I think I always will be do you think he still loves me and will come back and I will just have to wait or what?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 373 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 05:50 am
@Amour92,
Er, why does your mother have that kind of access to your social media accounts?

Because what I am gathering from your post is you're at least 18. If so, you're an adult, and you get to tell her to back off.

As for this guy, I realize you're dazzled by him, but someone investing in something as expensive and personal as a house, without knowing your answer and with zero input from you is an ENORMOUS RED FLAG.

Nobody's right in this situation.
engineer

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 06:42 am
@jespah,
There are a lot of enormous red flags here. This guy was your councilor. He was engaged. He hasn't seen you in two years and he's buying a house for the two of you. Your mom is stalking your social media. There is nothing good here.

I think you need to forget this guy, cut your mom off from your accounts (and set boundaries on your interactions with her) and start living your best life. This is not it.
Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 07:00 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

There are a lot of enormous red flags here. This guy was your councilor. He was engaged. He hasn't seen you in two years and he's buying a house for the two of you. Your mom is stalking your social media. There is nothing good here.

I think you need to forget this guy, cut your mom off from your accounts (and set boundaries on your interactions with her) and start living your best life. This is not it.

One hundred percent agree.

My very first thought was - he was your counselor - often times people in counseling feel the way you do about their counselor. BUT the counselor is in control has power over you - and therefore a counselor should never get involved personally with anyone they are counseling. Huge red flag. He has no business reaching out to you personally.

Agreed on your mom too - although she probably knows she can report this counselor and he could get his license taken away because his actions are wrong.

And you need to take of yourself first. Then you can be ready for a relationship. And not with someone that is in this sort of positon.

0 Replies

Bruining Dianthe

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 07:14 am
@Amour92,
Perhaps, you might prefer the most handsome gentleman like me instead. I bath everyday and started using bidet since when I was young. Also my headwear is exquisite, the 15-inch stovepipe hat is going to make you thrilled, I assured that my stovepipe hat is of longer than your beloved man and my body-length frockcoat makes me the most attractive man on Earth
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 07:16 am
@Amour92,
Did any of these things actually happen or is this some sort of fake dilemma?
0 Replies

Amour92

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 09:27 am
I get what you guys are saying about my mom but you don’t understand the connection I had with him. And no this isn’t some sort of fake dilemma unfortunately it really happened and it sucks because now he won’t talk to me.
engineer

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 11:20 am
@Amour92,
I get it, you were in a vulnerable place and you shared all your feelings with this guy and he was there for you... but it was his job. After two years, his wife is long gone and suddenly he is reaching out to someone he hasn't spoken to in two years. Doesn't that scream warning to you?
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 01:25 pm
@Amour92,
First of all. I Know tons of mothers who grow to 50 or even 80 and still think they are twelve. Your mom having you at etc age is not a big deal. All Mothers wants to be "sisters' with their daughters.

Second off, why is she looking on your device, your phone ??? No password ? She pays the bill ??? That being said put a password on your device and make sure messages are unable to be seen without it being able to open via your password. If it is one of those special phones where another person could unlock it then get a different phone. Again I do not know your device.

Third off just continue talking with him when your out of sight of your mother. Like while your walking to work or school, or somewhere you feel safe that she is unable to pry into. Beyond consider your goals.

About this guy. You like him, take a chance with him. Just make sure of the following,

1. Not married and if divorced/seperated then why?
2. No children
3. No former time in prison. If it is drug or gang related.

Beyond your mother calling his job makes it apparent that she probably sent you to see this person. That being she had you at 16 so considering that I would not care what she would say or think at all at this point.

Again take a chance with this guy, if he is serious then marry him before you do anything with him. I am just throwing this out there. If you get pregnant and he is not taking that serious ( I am just throwing this out there ) , just have the kid, breast feed it, and give to adoption clinic ) . My sister during her pregnancy ( she was 35 ? ), basically it was harder for her to give birth because she never was or had been pregnant before and the medical staff said "Usually between 15-20 ( 25 ? ) is the most reasonable time for a woman to give birth, this way the baby could come out more natural. This is why you have women who are 50+ giving birth or a runner with a pouch. I am just saying and all.

Again uhm I do not know your goals? Astronaut, scientist, lawyer, physician, etc but you have a road map of life and have to consider that as well.

Your mother is being a mother and she will say @#$@$@ no matter anything is. In her head she will always see you as her child no matter what you do.

Speaking of sad stories. My dad was 18 and was with this girl. He wanted to start a life with her. His brothers and mother said no ( father not present in the house ), so he did not start a life with her. She eventually hooked up with a military guy ( navy ). Years later he saw her at an aids/hiv rally. He found out that she was violently abused her, prostituted her out, and eventually caught aids/hiv. She blamed him for what happen.

Point I am saying is that you do not know how things would or will turn out. You could take a chance. Your mom is being your parent and she has the right to be over protective of you no matter what age.

The guy has a job, you like the guy, why not marry him. But again,
Does he have children?
Is he currently married? If not why the separation/divorce ??
Was in jail or have any dispositions.

If all of those answers are no then why not. Again as a big brother I would insist that you and him get married first or at least go out on dates but never go back to his place.

0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 02:58 am
@Amour92,
Love never ends.
Amour92

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2022 12:17 am
@Mrknowspeople,
@mrknowspeople I don’t think I will ever get over him which is pathetic
PoliteMight

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2022 01:17 pm
@Amour92,
Love is the only thing in this world that is pure but not the action of love.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I’m in love with man that I haven’t talked in 2 years it’s a long story
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:21:15