Is it appropriate for a woman to organize an event for another woman's husband?

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 08:02 pm
When is it ok for a woman to organize something related to another woman's husband (to whom she is not related) without the wife's knowledge and permission? (For example: gathering a group to attend a school (not public) concert directed by said husband or preparing a surprise party for his birthday)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 233 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Mame

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 08:17 pm
@MiddleMama,
How well do you know them?

Gathering a group to attend the concert is much different than organizing a surprise birthday party for him. The latter is too personal and invasive. That's would be more his relatives' job, not a friend, if you even are a friend. Why would you do that?

Are you trying to make moves on this guy? If so, back off.
MiddleMama

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 08:45 pm
@Mame,
Actually - there is a woman doing these things for my husband - definitely the concert anyway - and I am uncomfortable with it. Am I overreacting?
Mame

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 08:48 pm
@MiddleMama,
How many things does she do, and what, in particular, is she doing? How long has she been doing this and how does she know him?

I would never organize something for anyone unless asked, and most likely would not do it without the wife being involved.

That's just weird.

I don't think you should question how you feel about it. If you're uncomfortable, you probably have a good reason to feel that way.

No, I don't think you're over-reacting.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 10:16 pm
@MiddleMama,
I would give her a call and thank her for her efforts, then tell her his mother, his favorite aunt, his children or you have already scheduled a party......you could also invite her but tell her the event is only for close friends, neighbors and your/husbands family, and don't tell her she can bring anyone.
0 Replies

MiddleMama

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 11:06 pm
@Mame,
They have been in a study group together. They got to close emotionally in my opinion. She's organized people to attend a concert before (again not a public one) and I told my husband I didn't like it - I didn't know she was going to be there at all til she arrived with a group. Now I am hearing rumors that she is doing it again for the first post-pandemic concert. These are middle school concerts. Most people wouldn't go unless constrained by family obligation. She claims she doesn't feel close to him (but tells him how his music makes her feel with her eyes locked on his) but is giving off to people that she has a special role in his life/special access to him. There's more to it but it would take to long to explain.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 May, 2022 12:20 am
@MiddleMama,
First of all, his birthday is not a study group bash party..........remind her that his Mom has organized something special, because she enjoys spending time because of the special role she feels entitled to BECAUSE SHE GAVE BIRTH. I know you're feeling ignored (I would) just outplay her, go to her party or invite her (without companion) to yours. Then very nicely explain how you will certainly work her in (regardless if it is suitable) to other events where she can (this part has to be silent)......stare at the marvelousness of your husband.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is it appropriate for a woman to organize an event for another woman's husband?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 04:01:32