Anyone besides me get their second booster shot?

Theo202

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 05:31 am
@hightor,
Was there a point to the NYT article?
hightor

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 05:37 am
@Theo202,
Yeah – did you already forget that you brought up the topic of snake venom used in medicine? It's on the previous page in your response to Lash. You can't miss it.
Mame

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 08:22 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

For some reason, since I was in my thirties, each time I got a flu vaccine, I got the flu. I quit getting flu vaccines after three years.

Enter Covid. I got the Moderna and had Covid a few days later.
I won’t get any more vaccines.

Some people in my family had adverse reactions, but thankfully, not life-threatening.

So, I understand that vaccines are a private decision.

If that was your experience, I don't blame you (not that I would anyway - figure of speech). I think we know our bodies best and we should do what's right for ourselves.

The main reason I got the shots was the fear of long-Covid. I know so many people who have gotten the virus with differing results, no one really ill... but having watched tv interviews of people who suffered in hospital, nearly died, in pain... yeah, I don't mind dying, but I don't want to go that way.
Lash

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 09:46 am
@Mame,
Thanks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 09:58 am
One family close to me believed "God will take care of us." So no shots. They all eased through it with minor illness, but for the husband. By the time a doctor saw him his lungs were already ruined. He died a few days later.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 10:08 am
@edgarblythe,
Done it myself to me. I let the teeniest cat bite alone except for irrigating it and applying anti-bacterial. Three days later in the emergency room with some of the most excruciating pain I've felt in 71 years, I learned I might loose the finger. I was in the hospital for about one week. And then I spent weekly visits to VA for two months trying to rehab that finger. Four years later it still ain't working right.

Modern medicine is a G^D given blessing, I was mistaken in waiting for an personal anointment.
0 Replies

Theo202

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 12:13 pm
@hightor,
So what was the point? I know who brought the topic up.
hightor

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 12:16 pm
@Theo202,
I'm not wasting time with your games. I guess you'll just have to admit to yourself that the obvious point eludes you and you will remain in ignorance.
Theo202

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 12:20 pm
@hightor,
You mean the point that you posted a puff-piece from the NYT because you didn't know how do deal with the snake symbolism?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 01:59 pm
Quote:
Who is Bryan Ardis?

As we have also reported, QAnon has been closely linked to debunked and dangerous cures in the past, especially around Covid-19. Now, there’s a running debate about whether or not the CDC is poisoning water supplies with snake venom. The claims reportedly originate from former chiropractor Bryan Ardis, who has since defended the bonkers theory.

The man behind the theory is Dallas-Fort Worth-based Bryan Ardis, who is currently the “Chief Formulating Officer” of Ardis Labs. An alumnus of Brigham Young University and Parker College of Chiropractic, Ardis ran his own healing center between 2004 and 2018 in both Tennessee and Texas. According to Tennessee state records, he is now voluntarily retired. Ardis now spends his time selling cures online under the brand Ardis Labs, which was launched in 2019.

Along with Ardis Labs, the doctor also spends his time spreading fake medical theories and claims, mostly around Covid-19. He once appeared on an “expert panel” discussion about Covid-19 at the Pennsylvania State Capitol. During that discussion, he claimed, “remdesivir is killing people… remdesivir is proven to kill lives.” Before that, he appeared on Alex Jones’ ‘Infowars’ show and claimed, “They’re driving a narrative to kill as many Americans as possible,” about the use of remdesivir. He also once claimed the Covid-19 vaccines make people magnetic.

He’s now claiming that Covid-19 “is not a respiratory virus of any kind”, adding, “It is actually venom poisoning… they’re administering them and targeting them to certain people.” How did he come about this claim? You can thank TV for that.

Ardis claimed that the CDC planted cobra venom in water supplies to “transfer Satanic DNA to unsuspecting people.” He first said this in the documentary ‘Watch the Water’, produced by Stew Peters. Ardis came to this conclusion after watching ‘The Blacklist’, the NBC show starring James Spader. In one episode, Spader’s character suspects he has been poisoned by venom in a beverage.

“When I saw this, I knew. I I was right, I knew I was supposed to see that, because it was confirmation to me that other people knew this was planned all along, which, we’ve known this was a plan ,” he claimed. Ardis then goes on to make several more wild accusations, such as “They are using the water systems because they can target specific demographics,” and the plot originated from “the Catholic Church or whoever.”

Once the theory blew up amongst QAnon, Ardis appeared on QAnon figure Ann Vandersteel’s show to defend his theory, saying, “The story is not the water.” He then begged, “Please, please, please do not try to destroy my reputation of trying to save lives because I said to a person ‘I think they’re doing it in the water.” He used that appearance also to downplay the theory a bit after some questions were raised.

However, it may already be too late. Ardis’ theory has spawned numerous solutions to a problem that doesn’t even exist. QAnon promoter Phil Godlewski launched a water filtration system that costs hundreds of dollars. One anti-vaxxer, Christopher Key, has begun telling supporters he will mail them chlorine dioxide as a cure. More are expected to come, as QAnon followers flock toward these bizarre solutions thanks to Ardis.

lpn
Mame

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 05:04 pm
@hightor,
Stupid is as stupid does. Any rational person would question this, investigate it and discard it. Those that don't... well... no point arguing. It's as stupid as walking around wearing headphones while texting on your phone. Some people are killed that way. It's called Stupid.
0 Replies

Theo202

Reply Wed 4 May, 2022 05:09 pm
@hightor,
Yes, the water supply thing does sound bonkers. Still, the similarity in effects between snake venom and Pfizer's "vaccine" for red blood cells should give anyone pause, given that biologics based on snake venom have a real role in the pharmaceutical industry.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 7 May, 2022 08:27 pm
Got my second booster yesterday. Like the others, no side effects at all
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 7 May, 2022 08:41 pm
I had a 2 day flu reaction to all 3 Moderna shots and I am dreading the 4th one.....but it has to be done soon! New strains of Omicron are out and the booster only last so long. Maybe I'll try Pfizer this time instead of a 4th Moderna.
roger

Reply Sat 7 May, 2022 09:41 pm
@CalamityJane,
Maybe. Mine were all Pfizer, but I'm not sure it makes a difference.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 08:59 pm
@roger,
I had my booster (Pfizer) yesterday and I am having flu-like symptoms today ....I hope that's not a normal occurrence every time I get another booster, I hate it!
This one should last until winter I hope....
0 Replies

reyreyes1963

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 11:44 pm
@jcboy,
I only got my first booster shot, I had no idea that it needed another booster lol, I got hit hard with my first booster. Which was astrazeneca.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 11 May, 2022 09:26 am
@reyreyes1963,
The Moderna was fairly clear, the second shot was a a pain for a day or so, the booster bothered me for most of a day, the site ached a little longer than the first two shots did.

I've had bigger reactions to some of the flu shots I've had.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 14 May, 2022 12:37 pm
We ended up going a couple of days ago and not on the 25th like I thought (Maybe the 25th was 140 days after the first booster... I'm not sure why I thought I was going then) anyway, we went a bit earlier. Since I'm under 70, I got a half dose of Moderna (it would have been a full dose of Pfizer). 36 hours of feeling really crappy, but thankfully back to normal today : )
Mame

Reply Sat 14 May, 2022 12:39 pm
@Joeblow,
Was that your third or fourth, Joeblow? I got half for my third but am not eligible yet for my fourth. No idea why - the whole thing is becoming stupid.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:15:04