American Bar Association panel says witnesses ‘gave the highest praise’ about Judge Jackson

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 12:49 am
American Bar Association panel says witnesses ‘gave the highest praise’ about (Ketanji Brown Jackson).

Ret. Judge Ann Claire Williams, who was the first Black woman to sit on Chicago-based federal
district and appellate courts, gave remarks March 24 on the final day of the Senate Judiciary
Committee’s confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominee Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson.

Williams said the American Bar Association's voted unanimously that Jackson receive the highest
rating as a Supreme Court nominee, following the association's non-partisan, peer-reviewed
evaluations about her qualifications.

We don’t give suggestions on who should be nominated. We don’t recommend or endorse any
nominee,” she said
. “We don’t base our ratings on or express any view on the nominee’s philosophy,
political affiliation or ideology
.”

Everyone the ABA talked to, “uniformly gave the highest praise” about Jackson, Williams said.
If confirmed, Jackson will be the first Black woman to sit on the high court.

After three days of testimony from Jackson and questions from senators, the committee will hear
from professional and personal witnesses who can speak to Jackson’s work and her character.
Jackson was nominated by President Joe Biden in February to replace retiring Supreme Court
Justice Stephen Breyer. After the hearings conclude, the committee will issue a recommendation in
preparation for a full Senate vote.

Published March 24, 2022

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 587 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Yalow

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 10:31 am
I hope she will win.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 01:23 pm
@Yalow,
She has already been confirmed as a Supreme Court Judge.

Win what exactly?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 02:21 pm
@Real Music,
It looks like in order to be black and and a woman on the supreme Court you also have to be the best judge in the supreme Court.

This is certainly the case here, it's a travesty that a woman of such high standing and professionalism has to share the benches with a muppet like Brett Kavanaugh.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

Win what exactly?

Er... the post? Which word should I have used? English is not my native tongue, so I lack a little bit of vocabulary.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:42 pm
@Yalow,
She had already been confirmed, "won" at the time you made your post.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:44 pm
@Yalow,
Sorry I don't mean to sound rude.

What is your first language?
Yalow

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:46 pm
@izzythepush,
French.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:51 pm
@Yalow,
Are you living in France?

J'habite en Angleterre.

Yalow

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Are you living in France?

No, Québec province. In Canada.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2022 03:56 pm
@Yalow,
Welcome to A2K, there are a few from Canada here. I see you've started a thread so I'll let them speak for themselves.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » American Bar Association panel says witnesses ‘gave the highest praise’ about Judge Jackson
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:37:23