Just saying ...

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 07:52 am
Maybe put a tombstone on topics that haven't had a reply in five years???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 225 • Replies: 5
No top replies

david lyga

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 08:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
But, you know ... sometimes even without a reply, these inactive posts could be still read and understood; thus, they very well could pique one's interest in the topic. Because someone does not have a comment should be no grounds to assert that, therefore, they are worthless.

Indeed, these forums are indicative of our collective mindset. Just because there is no comment does not mean that that topic is not thought about, and sometimes even in rather profound ways. For example, some people on here think that David Lyga should be a 'tombstone', but there are actually people who listen to what he has to say. - David Lyga
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 08:32 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Why? If we have an opinion on it why stifle? Is it hurting you in some way?
Linkat

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 01:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree in not doing that. What if someone comes back after 5 years and gives an update...that long distance romance you told me to drop..well we just got married.

That suggestion you gave me to turn myself in...well I got out after 20 years and I am a changed man.
engineer

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 01:05 pm
@Linkat,
Agreed. No harm is letting some old topics float to the surface every now and then.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2022 01:07 pm
@Linkat,
Same here, quite a few times I will search for a tag and instead of starting a whole new thread on a subject I will bring up an old thread. People have different prospectives on subjects as time goes by.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Just saying ...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 04:30:01