Tips on promoting my art on Youtube and Facebook?

Merliah

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2022 10:14 pm
I am working on developing an art business and want to start off small by selling pencil sketchings on etsy/ebay before I advance to paintings, T-shirts, greeting cards, calendars, mugs etc. on a larger platform such as I guess shopify or maybe even art galleries or sidewalk sales (with writing and illustrating graphic novels being one of my more long-term goals).

But I am honestly a little shy and even though I am trying to get out of my comfort zone I don't feel quite ready to speak directly to a camera and make an utter goofball of myself at the moment, for now I just want to upload a quick but catchy video of my portfolio on YouTube and perhaps TikTok and also some photos of my work on Facebook and then tell folks where to find me on etsy and ebay.

A title I have in mind for now might be "Need a an illustrator? I can draw anything/anyone!" for YouTube with probably some soft but lively music in the background and something like "My artwork on Ebay and Etsy" on Facebook and then maybe list my ebay and etsy handles and a short description of my fees.

Another thing I thought of doing is maybe inserting a short but colorful montage of my work while including a voiceover on a subject that is important to me, and make my commentary funny and interesting while filming my hand drawing something without necessarily showing my face and then promoting my pieces in that way. This way I can draw attention to my art without coming off too desperate. But at the same time I want to remain professional so people take me seriously enough.

I guess for now this will work until I think of more advanced strategies but I want to ask if anyone else (especially successful artists) here have other ideas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 182 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 05:39 am
I think these are decent ideas. Maybe even make something out of not showing your face on camera-- the mystery illustrator.
Merliah

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2022 04:03 pm
@jespah,
Fantastic idea jespah, thank you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tips on promoting my art on Youtube and Facebook?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 04:28:28