Are you the reason that so many sea animals die?

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 08:42 am
When a sea animal dies, is it our fault? Yes, because the amount of plastic waste in the oceans is huge. Because of you, if you don’t recycle!
We can change that ! But how? What are you going to do about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 381 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 08:44 am
@englischklasse,

why so accusatory?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 10:17 am
@Region Philbis,
They probably work for the company that makes all the plastic waste.
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 10:47 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

why so accusatory?

Yeah I recycle and having a friend that is a director of a non profit that its job is to help sea mammals and a daughter that has a degree in environmental science ..not only am I aware of this but have assisted in cleaning beaches and supporting this education.

You know you get more buy in when you actually act to prevent this and help educate rather than attack the entire world.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2022 11:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
They probably work for the company that makes all the plastic waste.
englischklasse wrote:
We are an English class in Switzerland. We are from Therwil Secondary School. That is in the canton of Baselland.
And their Guggemuusig certainly is plastic free.

0 Replies

englischklasse

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 02:26 am
@Linkat,
Thank you Linkat for your response. We find it impressive that you have been so active for the sake of our oceans. We also recycle PET bottles, plastic waste, glass, paper and cardboard, batteries, tin cans and textiles. Sunny greetings from overseas :-)
jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06:41 am
@Linkat,
I recycle everything. It does bother me when we order a couple pizzas and have to throw the boxes in the trash. They won’t recycle pizza boxes!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06:44 am
@jcboy,
Putting them with clean cardboard is called wishcycling.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06:47 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
pizza boxes!
as long as they aren't too dirty, i tear them up and add 'em to the recycling.

thankfully we don't have to separate paper from glass and plastic like they do in NYC...
jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
I don't have much cardboard but the last two times I put pizza boxes in the recycling bin they were left behind.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 06:50 am
@Region Philbis,
I'm going to try that next time, clean them up and see if they take them away.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 07:03 am
@Region Philbis,
Over here every local authority has its own procedure.

Here, metal, plastic paper and cardboard all go in the recycling bin.

Glass is collected separately, but everything else is rubbish.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 07:25 am
@jcboy,
They recycle pizza boxes here, surprisingly. All recyclables go in the blue bin, garbage in the black bin, and plant/compost material in the green bin.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 07:27 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I recycle everything. It does bother me when we order a couple pizzas and have to throw the boxes in the trash. They won’t recycle pizza boxes!

Because of the grease ... Anything where there is food on it ...to be honest once you are in the habit if recycling it is not that difficult.

I am curious though ...who does not recycle any more? Every town I know requires you to recycle.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 07:32 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Quote:
pizza boxes!
as long as they aren't too dirty, i tear them up and add 'em to the recycling.

thankfully we don't have to separate paper from glass and plastic like they do in NYC...

My town does not have trash pickup...you can hire a private company, but we just go to the transfer station..there you have to separate everything and put the recycle materials in the right areas...paper, plastic, tin, glass, cardboard and other stuff like that and a couple times a year they have paint, and other more,hazard stuff that can't go in the recycling or general landfill.

I sed more people I know at the transfer station and it is,almost a social event.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2022 07:48 am
@englischklasse,
To help you out as it seems this may be school related..I would do a little research on the internet. I am not an expert but I have heard that some countries that are not as savvy around recycling have caused plastic to go into the ocean and it travels many thousands of miles ...personally I think education is the best way to reduce this...I mean years and years ago in the US we were just tossing this stuff with no thought. I don't think it was out of malicious but more out of ignorance as now pretty much everywhere it is expected or required to recycle.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are you the reason that so many sea animals die?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 07:21:33