Impressive Email Scams

Pittter

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 04:37 pm
I've been targeted a lot lately by spammers purporting to be Pay Pal. All you have to do of course is look at the address it comes from. My last such message came from: Edit [Moderator]: Email address removed
Yeah right! Pay Pay sure ha ha.

Here's their message:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51863264662_5875fe750d_b.jpg
Pretty slick even warning you how to spot scams. I think the Russians have taken over for the Nigerians. They almost always get the English right (extra space after Sincerely comma but not bad.). Why people who fall for these don't just look at the email it comes from is beyond me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 314 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2022 04:41 pm
I get scams every day. Some just like that. I got one from a Home Depot scam that had me fooled because it looked to me just like some they had been sending. When I clicked on it my email provider intervened and warned me about it. I wouldn't have put any information in even if it had been legitimate, however, because I don't pay them online, but by mail.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 08:24 am
I've recently got one from "fedex" telling me they can't deliver my package because of an incomplete address ... I hesitated and then thought of finding FedEx number and calling them but then realized this seems a scam..for the address can't they spoof it? Usually it looks legit.

Another one was Amazon warning me they stopped a large purchase which seemed my account was hacked or something like that so instead I went into my account on Amazon's website just to verify all looked fine.

They do get pretty savvy sometimes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 08:29 am
I bypass emails and go to their site generally. But that Home Depot thing looked real.
Linkat

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2022 04:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I bypass emails and go to their site generally. But that Home Depot thing looked real.

I can't tell you how many times I have almost done the same thing.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2022 05:43 pm
They've gotten very good at faking the source address. That used to be a key way to spot a scammer. The Amazon warning I got this week had an address that was [email protected]. Almost clicked it, but went to the website and found no problems at all.

The hook was they double billed me and need me to click a link to clear it up.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Impressive Email Scams
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:04:29