What is your favorite airline?

Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 08:50 pm
@Linkat,
Persistence works after 3 hours we got someone and asking if it was possible to get you on a direct flight as you booked months in advance ...suddenly there are some seats available on a couple of directs that were not shown as available online.
Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2022 09:38 pm
@Linkat,
Ok about 10 minutes after booking this flight it also gets canceled

Also to note this is not weather related as we looked up other airlines and they do not have cancellation s
WilliamC340

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 01:28 am
@Linkat,
If there's a chance, I always go with Qatar
engineer

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:31 am
@Linkat,
I heard on the news that a lot of airlines in the path of that giant winter storm proactively cancelled flights instead of stranding people in the airport.
Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:34 am
@WilliamC340,
WilliamC340 wrote:

If there's a chance, I always go with Qatar

Key word here is if there is a chance...little chance here where I fly.

One thing learned though is picking a "favorite " airline also factors into where you fly from and destination.

Lesson learned for me best to choose an airline where your destination is one of their hubs if you are concerned about potential cancellations. I noticed during these more recent times where airlines are cancelling left and right for what appears no reason for us saps ... I mean passengers.

When a flight is not full, I notice an airline will cancel more flights from their non-hub locations. For instance American canceled all the flights today from Boston to Chicago and from providence to chicago. Instead they try to rebook you on a flight where you have to change planes from one of their hubs....either Philly or Charlotte or even DC. They are less likely to cancel these flights to their hubs because that is where many people are making connections and it would cause even more havoc to try rebooking all these various connections.

This is probably why I have had much more pleasant flying experiences flying on United and Southwest to Chicago. We have off and on this past year with my daughter being in college there. Even changing flights on our side has been much easier with more flight options and very good times to fly. Even flying these airlines when the flight was only half full with both these airlines they still kept these routes without cancelling. Well even though it was a pain in the ad having two flights being cancelled within hours of flying now I understand why I prefer these other two airlines at least for the next few years.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:40 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I heard on the news that a lot of airlines in the path of that giant winter storm proactively cancelled flights instead of stranding people in the airport.

That woud be later in the day. These were all early morning flights prior to when the winter weather was supposed to hit. It was 54 degrees at 6 am when we arrived to the airport. And if this was due to winter weather why was the same time flight to Philly not cancelled where Philly was also expected to get winter weather late in day like Boston and providence but yet the flight direct to Chicago leaving at the same time was cancelled and Chicago has not even any rain ...they also expect snow but late afternoon early evening like the east coast.
Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:48 am
@Linkat,
It just seems odd to me if the airline does not want to strand people at the airport why are all flights to their hubs not cancelled whereas those destinations that tend to be for this airline not a connection city are the ones that they cancelled....if this really because they don't want to strand them.

Seems they are more likely to strand people at hubs as that is usually where people are trying to make connecting flights.

Also my daughter looked at other airlines to see if they could book us on a different airline and none of the other airlines...united and delta had any early morning flights cancelled.

We did not get through...I actually fell asleep while the call was on hold. My daughter had a chat open with a hold of 2 hours ..she too fell asleep only to open it in the morning ....they did not respond until 4:30 am over 7 hours later!
Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2022 07:49 am
@Linkat,
Oh she is in Philly right now ...no delays to leave at 7am and no delays in philly.

Weather is NOT a factor .
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2022 02:53 pm
TWA. I've hated flying since they were bought up. Liked Northwest Orient, too.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2022 01:30 am
I don't fly at all. Ever. But this list of the best airlines in North America is interesting:
https://www.worldairlineawards.com/best-airlines-2022-by-region/

Delta is #1 for North America and Southwest is #2 for North America.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:41:02