Eternity in Hell

nycdad

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2022 08:49 pm
I have been a Christian for most of my life but the doctrine of Hell is hard to swallow or maybe it's not. If we reject Jesus as Lord and Savior, burning forever without actually burning up is the price to pay. Really? What about those who never heard of Jesus? What will happen to the souls after death? Hell? Lake of Fire? Does the punishment fit the crime? You say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 258 • Replies: 5
No top replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2022 09:24 pm
@nycdad,
Nowhere do the scriptures state that the penalty for sin is eternal existence in the fires of hell.

God said that the punishment for sin, is death, not eternal life in hell.

All have sinned and all must die once (THE FIRST DEATH) then the disembodied spirit=mind must go off into judgement, the righteous spirits find rest in death as they await the great day of judgement, while the unrepentant wicked suffer in terrible mental torment as they await the unknown.

The great judgement occurs immediately after the great Sabbath of one thousand years when heavenly fire incinerates all physical life forms on this planet, and "THE SON OF MAN" divides the spirits of all who have suffered the First death, See what Jesus had to say about that day, Matthew 25: 31; " “When the Son of Man comes as King and all the angels with him, he will sit on his royal throne, and the people of all the nations will be gathered before him. Then he will divide them into two groups, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the righteous people on his right and the others on his left. Then the King will say to the people on his right, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world. I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink; I was a stranger and you received me in your homes, naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me, in prison and you visited me.’

For insomuch as you have done this to the least of my family, you have done it to me.

Then to those on his left he says in verses 41- 43; ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels! I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me.’

The fire is eternal as is the second death, which is that of the minds that are cast into those fires, eternal death, total and never ending oblivion, not eternal torment.

nycdad

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2022 02:53 am
@The Anointed,
Read Luke 16. This is not a parable. Names are not used in parables.
Read Revelation 20.
Read Matthew 25

Eternal fire is meant for punishment. In Hell, people do not stop being sinners. In Hell, people are not punished because of 1 sinful act or 2 sinful acts or 3 sinful acts, etc. In Hell, people continue to be haters of God, evil in every which way; In Hell, people continue to reject God, they continue to sin non-stop so that the punishment never catches up to their sin. God is eternal and so His punishment must be eternal.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2022 06:31 am
@nycdad,
Quote:
Read Luke 16. This is not a parable. Names are not used in parables.

Isaiah 57: 1-2; “Good people die, and no one understands or even cares. But when they die, no calamity can hurt them. Those who live good lives find peace and rest in death.”

Those who lead GOOD LIVES find peace and rest in death as they await the great day of judgement, but not so those, like the wicked rich man of who Jesus spoke in Luke 16. He does not sleep the sleep of the righteous, he suffers in mental torment as he awaits the unknown.

Quote:
Read Revelation 20

Revelation 20: 10; “Then the Devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown; and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
No one else, only the immortals, the devil, the beast and the false prophet are tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20: 11-15; The Final Judgement

Then I saw a great white throne and the one who sits on it. Earth and heaven fled from his presence and were seen no more. (Where there are no physical senses, to see, hear, smell, taste, feel, etc, there is no physical universe, only the shimmering waves of the 'GREAT THOUGHT' who manifests itself as this supposed physical universe.) And I saw the dead, great and small alike, standing before the throne. Books were opened, and then another book was opened, the book of the living.

The dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. Then the sea gave up its dead. Death and the world of the dead also gave up the dead they held. And all were judged according to what they had done. Then death and the world of the dead were thrown into the lake of fire. (This lake of fire is the second death.) Whoever did not have their names written in the book of the living were thrown into the lake of fire.

The SECOND DEATH, is the death of the invisible mind=spirit that had developed within the physical body that had suffered the FIRST DEATH.

Quote:
Read Matthew 25.

Matthew 25: 41; ““Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels! I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me.’

“Then they will answer him, ‘When, Lord, did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and would not help you?’ The King will reply, ‘I tell you, whenever you refused to help one of these least important ones, you refused to help me.’ These, then, will be sent off to eternal punishment, but the righteous will go to eternal life.”

Death is the penalty for sin and the eternal punishment is the ‘SECOND DEATH’ from which there is no return, eternal oblivion.
nycdad

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2022 07:34 pm
@The Anointed,
If that's the case, then Jesus died in vain. Understand? Jesus died to save us from what? Did Jesus suffer on the cross to pay for our tickets to the Mickey Mouse Club? No! He died to keep those who trust in Him from eternity in Hell apart from God and all that is good.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2022 10:41 pm
@nycdad,
Quote:
If that's the case, then Jesus died in vain. Understand? Jesus died to save us from what? Did Jesus suffer on the cross to pay for our tickets to the Mickey Mouse Club? No! He died to keep those who trust in Him from eternity in Hell apart from God and all that is good.

NO! Christ offered his life on the cross to save those who trust in him from dying the SECOND and eternal death in the lake burning with fire and sulfur.

For death is the penalty of sin, not eternal life, which is only offered to those who truly repent for any wrong doings and mistakes that they had made in their life in the flesh, for all have sinned and all must die once, then go off to be judged.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Eternity in Hell
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:16:16