Is it weird that I actually WANT to be grounded?

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2022 10:43 am
Hi, I'm F/16 and I guess you could say I'm generally a pretty good kid. My parents have never had to ground me, at any rate. Plenty of people I know have been grounded though. A girl I know from school is actually grounded right now for an entire month!

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm really curious about what it's like to be grounded. I guess I just want to be able to better relate to what so many of my friends have been through and find out how well I'll cope with it. So I'm actually thinking of asking my parents if they'd be willing to ground me for a week or two, just so I can have the experience. Y'know, just take away all my privileges (phone, laptop, TV, music, seeing friends, etc) and restrict me to the house (with the exception of school, duh). And maybe they could also give me a bunch of extra chores to do. That way, there'd be something in it for them for enforcing this.

Thing is, I'm worried they'll think I've lost my mind if I ask for this, even if I explain my reasons. I mean, do you think it's normal to be this curious about something like being grounded?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 371 • Replies: 1
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2022 10:57 am
@AGirlNamedSam,
It's normal to wonder about all sorts of things. Are you trying to look for a reason to take a break from your friends and social media? That is all a grounding is. If you want, just ground yourself. Decide what you want your punishment to be and enact it. Of course your friends will ask what you are grounded for and that might be a problem. If you make something up you will likely make your parents look like authoritarian monsters.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is it weird that I actually WANT to be grounded?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:59:18