Do you walk up/down escalators or ...

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 06:01 pm
... are you a lazy slothy monster and stand in the middle of the step so no one else can walk past you? Or do you just take the stairs and avoid the controversy altogether?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 662 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Mame

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 06:02 pm
Walk up and down them - they're too slow for me. But I'm sure if they were any faster, people'd get vertigo or flung off.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 06:09 pm
I ride all the way. They spent all that money to get me up there without walking and I don't intend to let them down.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 06:37 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Walk up and down them - they're too slow for me. But I'm sure if they were any faster, people'd get vertigo or flung off.

If I made this a question instead of an a2k discussion, you'd get the proverbial red ribbon for this obviously correct response.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 06:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I ride all the way. They spent all that money to get me up there without walking and I don't intend to let them down.

So, you hate mild cardio activity as much as you hate cakes? More proof that you're a monster. Shocked Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 06:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
I wore out my knees running up and down steps and walking concrete walks for 23 years. I walk with a cane. I deserve a break.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 06:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Fair enough. Very Happy Very Happy
Mame

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 09:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
No! Let's break edgar's legs! C'mon... he's the kind of guy that takes up the middle space on the escalator so you either have to wait for him to get to the top or shove him aside so you can jog up the stairs and as you're doing so, he whacks you in the leg with his cane. An abomination!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 10:27 pm
I don't even know where any escalators are anymore. Haven't seen one since Sears shut down.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 04:30 am
It depends on the escalator. At the local shopping centre hardly anyone walks, at most a couple of steps.

On the tube though it's almost separate lanes, left for standing right for walking.

If I'm in a hurry I'll walk.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 04:36 am
The little escalators that go down to the car park are all there is, when they're not working we have to use the lift.

There are no stairs.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 05:15 am
@edgarblythe,
All the malls here have escalators. Macy’s and the like have them.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 05:16 am
@Ragman,
I know you like stairs!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2022 05:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
I usually walk...common manners say you stand to the right walk on the left. I leaned quickly to simply say politely excuse me if someone stands to the left blocking my path. Most people realize their error and move aside.

Common areas with escalators...subways, malls, hotels and airports.

Also same question on moving sidewalks found often times in airports do you walk or ride?

And in airports do you drag your luggage onto escalators like you aren't supposed to....I do because typically they are quicker than waiting for the elevator. But I have my suitcase right in front of me and move to the right so those that want to walk can get by me (can't walk with the suitcase)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you walk up/down escalators or ...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:59:18