Missionaries In Haiti... Escaped?

Pittter

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2021 05:18 pm
There was much in the news lately about 12 American missionaries kidnapped for ransome by a prominant Hatien gange having managed to escape in the night. The story goes they slipped out of an unlocked door, guided themselves by the stars (???) through thorn thickets for several hours before reacing someone at dawn with a cell phone. Some of them were expert star gazers really? And travelling silently with a swaddling baby?

So I looked for the story on the New York Times and lo and behold they were "released" according to that paper . The impressively sophisticated Christian Aide Ministry organization that sent these self appointed missionaries to Haiti has refused to discuss ransoms paid to secure the release of these people. The Haitien gange 400 Mawozo has most certainly recived a small fortune from the well endowed Christian Aid Ministry organization. But mums the word...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 298 • Replies: 5
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2021 01:49 pm
@Pittter,
Who cares?

I don't give money to these organisations, I don't really mind what they get up to.
Pittter

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2022 04:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Well I care. There seems to be wildly errant reporting on the case, number 1 and number 2, how do all there people live and get to go traveling to foreign countries on these "missions" when they don't have jobs. Sounds like a racket I might want to get into.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2022 04:36 pm
@Pittter,
Their churches fund them.
roger

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2022 06:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Shoot! That pretty much lets me out.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2022 03:59 pm
Sometimes it's agencies, like Habitat for Humanity and Doctors Across Borders. You could investigate with Amnesty International, Salvation Army and the like are doing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Missionaries In Haiti... Escaped?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:25:02