Tennis partner - Dating

Sat 18 Dec, 2021 03:46 pm
There’s this girl I’ve been playing tennis with for 2 months. We get on well, it’s flirty (touching, teasing, deep eye contact, etc) and we’re both into each other by the looks of it. Up until recently I wasn’t ready to date her however as I wasn’t over my break up so I never asked her out.

However this week I thought I’d give it a crack and I asked her on a date. She said we have a connection but she feels I’m too freshly single and would be rebounding her so in a nice way basically said be comfortable being on your own for a bit, find yourself, etc.

She then texted me later on saying “she values our friendship and cares about me” my concern now is she knows I really like her but doesn’t think I’m serious enough about dating her so wants to stay friends. I’m struggling with this because I actually like the girl and don’t want to pretend to be her friend. It was never really platonic to begin with...

What should I do? On one hand I don’t want to lose someone I get on with and on the other I’d be playing into someone else’s terms that I’m not comfortable with.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 217 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Sun 19 Dec, 2021 06:58 am
Geez - a movie or dinner isn’t a marriage proposal! Why so serious about spending time with each other?
0 Replies

engineer

Sun 19 Dec, 2021 10:59 am
@charles-moeller123,
She turned you down for a date. That's ok, it happens all the time. You shouldn't have to pretend to be her friend, it sounds like are her friend unless you feel like you can't be friends with women. Go play tennis, have fun with this person on the court and find someone else to date.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tennis partner - Dating
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 08:55:37