Piercings

Monger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:38 am
True, once upon a sane time the civilized world pierced only their earlobes, and left the more painful body parts to the savages & the fashion-conscious cattle, but hey I think body pierces often look pretty good though. My sisters & girlfriend all have quite a few. I get asked "did that hurt?" pretty often too. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,866 • Replies: 24
No top replies

pueo

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:41 am
i don't understand some of those pierced body parts, but to each their own.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:48 am
My mother has told me (and my brother) on numerous occasions, that if I ever walked into her house with an earring, she would tear it out. I have NEVER known my mother to tell a lie!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 03:34 am
In hindu tradition, the ears of the child is pierced when he/she is one years old. Happened to me also, but that was a long time ago. In ancient times, all Hindu men wore earings, but times changed and it was not considered macho, but now it is making a comeback in the modern society (only in one ear though Smile )

I would love to wear a small discreet diamond stud in one year (I even bought one sometime ago) but the profile of my job does not permit me to do so, it will be frowned upon.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:11 am
DID it hurt?

My ears did!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:24 am
Don't remember dlowan - was way too yng then !! But I have seen piercings at some strange places (too decent to mention here, but I am sure you get the idea) and boy THAT must have hurt !!!

Darren got his ear pierced while he was in Rome, and the poor guy would cry himself to sleep at night because it hurt so much even after a week or so !!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:26 am
Gautam, I went to my office after a few days off a couple weeks ago with a small spike through my eyebrow. My boss said she actually thought it was kind of cute, so I was happy. Smile I'd thought there'd be about a 50/50 chance they'd tell me I had to take it out.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:28 am
Gautam wrote:
the poor guy would cry himself to sleep at night because it hurt so much even after a week or so !!

Poor guy! Shocked Something must've been wrong though because it's not supposed to hurt nearly that long!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:40 am
Monger, try working in a corporate bank full of stuffy old fuddy duddies - who raise an eyebrow if yr shirt is too colorful Smile

Yeah, something did go wrong, I am sure it was not done properly - but he still has it and now he doesnt even know that it is there !!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:41 am
Hehe..check this out

http://funhouse.spitthedog.com/cartoons/20020121/piercings.jpg
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:43 am
Hey !! He was sitting in front of me on the train today !!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:52 am
When I was 12, I wanted to get my ears pierced. My father carried on like a lunatic. I finally did get it done when I was about 15.

I do not like body piercings, especially in the tongue. It just seems so masochistic. I find that I have negative visceral reactions when I see certain piercings, like on a man's nipple, or through a lip.

Yesterday, I saw a pretty little teenager in a bikini. She had a small ring through her belly button. Have to admit that it DID look kind of cute, on her. Maybe it was because otherwise, she seemed perfectly normal!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:28 am
Nothing wrong with self-mutalation. It's just a style.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 09:26 am
To each his own, it their body they can do what they like with it. I like the little belly button rings but, you know I wouldnt have one..if they got it though..let em flaunt it..as long as they take care of it all.
Ive had pierced ears since I was about 7...my father did it with ice and a sewing machine needle...did the second set at about 12....I wouldnt do it again ears or otherwise even with the great advances and available forms, and the second set are basically closed at this point.
One of my 'older' girlfriends actually came to me regarding tongue piecings the other day...the poor thing was confused as to a remark she heard regarding it being sexual and she didnt know anyone who would tell her the whole or straight truth...she is now properly informed. Hey, at least she asked, nice to know even older generation finds it interesting in some way.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 09:34 am
Had my ear pierced when I was 16, got my first tattoo when I was 27, and I'll never ever get a body piercing. If it's not done right you can be sure to have some nerves pierced at the same time; make ya look like Sly Stallone in a whiff. Only he didn't do it to himself.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 10:20 am
I'm squeamish about needles. That said, I have my ears pierced twice, the first time when I was 13 and the second set done when I was 25. I've since let the second set close since I thought four earrings made my ears look too busy.

I don't really care for piercings anywhere else, although I do think the eyebrow piercing is very cute. I am tempted to get that done myself but I am such a wuss I would probably throw up while getting it done.

The bellybutton piercing is cute on people who have attractive flat stomachs, anyone else should forget it. My sister got that one done and the first time she forgot about it and zipped up her jeans, guess what .... ? Yeah, I definitely re-visited my breakfast on that one!
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:07 pm
I don't mind the body piercings. . . I just think it is another way to express yourself. I have each ear pierced twice though I rarely wear earrings because I am very sensitive to most metal and I've had a hard time finding titanium earrings in 18 gauge. If I didn't have the metal problem and a severe lacking of money I would like to get the tongue pierced but not for sexual or style reasons but 'cause I think it would be fun to play with when I'm bored.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:32 pm
Each ear pierced twice. Stopped wearing double earring many years ago, but it was cute at the time. All four earrings were different, I never wore matching sets. Bohemian fashion statement.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:44 pm
A guy here in the office has one in well a private place, lets just say - messy - rude dude in the watercloset!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 03:09 pm
I got my ears pierced when I was around 12. I don't like most of the body piercings. On some people, though, they do look good. But that's just rare exceptions to my eyes.

However, I like tattoos and a lot of people don't.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Piercings
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:05:08