You got me nothing for my birthday but . . . . . .

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 05:41 am
I recently saw a story on another blog where a husband and wife were at odds simply over a birthday gift. His birthday is July 4th and about the only thing he wants to do is go see the city's fireworks display. He said that the wife did give him a card and that was it. Now that her birthday is coming up in less than a month she's been telling her husband what she wants him to give her. She first told him about a concert with a bunch of old school artists like Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, Dru Hill and and a few other artists. She said the tickets are like $100 a piece. Then she found out that comedian Rickey Smiley was coming through their town and she wanted him to take her to that for her birthday. She's even been sending him links to websites where he can purchase tickets. Yeah, men and women may be different when it comes to their birthdays but how are you not going to give your spouse anything other than a card for his birthday but you now want him to go all out for yours? Even though he didn't specifically ask for anything for his birthday she still only got him a card. There was no special dinner prepared. No cake. Not even any extra lovin' that night. But now that it's her b-day time she's already telling him what she wants. Most felt that for her to be so big on her birthday and expecting a gift she should have done more for him. What do you think? Personally, I think the level of the gift you get needs to be based on the level of the gift you give. If a card was fine for him then a card should be fine for you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 315 • Replies: 5
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 05:43 am
@StarbucksFreak,
I don't give a **** about what goes on between other couples. I have a life of my own.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 09:24 am
@StarbucksFreak,
No, tit for tat retribution between spouses is a recipe for disaster. I think the husband should have made his disappointment known at the time. As for the wife's requests, those are things they can do together. She is asking for a gift for both of them.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 12:34 pm
My husband wants presents and I don't. So we settle for mine on things we can do together - events, dinner, etc. I'd much rather spend time with someone than get something to store in my house. Maybe he feels the same. Maybe he's not disappointed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 07:13 am
Meh.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 03:39 pm
Again with this same couple? Snowed and BARRY2021? Come on now!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You got me nothing for my birthday but . . . . . .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:41:16