English-speaking People Hate and Envy Canadians

Mame

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 01:47 pm
@Linkat,
They had a program here for a couple of years after they were banned where you could take them just about anywhere and cash them in. I don't know why people saved pennies in jars - I thought they should have eliminated them 20 years ago. Ditto with nickels and dimes. Pretty useless no matter what country you're in.
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 03:56 pm
@Mame,
do people eat porcupines in canadia??

curious chefs want to know.

we cook snake head fish an they aint too bad. Markets would benefit with anew name for snake heads, something like "Brook Perch"
roger

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 04:28 pm
@Linkat,
Well, yeah, but you gotta learn to look on the bright side.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 04:54 pm
@farmerman,
Only if you're living off the grid. I've never seen it on a menu. Ditto with beaver and squirrel. But you can get elk, caribou, moose, deer, and bison in quite a few restaurants, delis, butcher shops, etc.
NealNealNeal

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 04:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't hate Canadians. I even know their national anthem.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 04:57 pm
@Mame,
I used to buy moose jerky (various flavors) somehwere near Chatham NB. Id take it along on work trips and hikes. Its delicious.

down in Ga and Miss, suirrel is a must add ingredient in Brunswick Stews.
Mame

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
I'd try it. They eat it in the frozen north all the time. I'd like to try alligator. I hear the tail has the white meat. Probably tastes like chicken Smile

Funny, but 50 years ago you could buy a rabbit for about $5.00. Now it's about $45. I love rabbit but I'm not paying $45 for one. We have loads of them hopping around the city - maybe I should try to trap or snare one. Snared one on a cooking job waaaay up in the Yukon one year.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 08:13 am
Why do Americans envy Canadians?

You've got a better national anthem. You come down here with your Toronto Blue Jays and play your national anthem, and then we've got to hear ours. It's a let down.

You've got a better flag. It's got a maple leaf, because you love nature. We've got a bunch of stars and stripes. The stars don't even look like real stars.

You wouldn't and didn't elect anybody like Donald Trump. So we've got a very large chunk of people who are nutzoids. I mean, they've really gone south, where, coincidentally, they are literally concentrated.

The only thing we've got over you is the climate.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 08:41 am
@coluber2001,
For now.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 04:06 pm
@coluber2001,
boy, thats a fact, we claim to about peace and equality bour anthem sounds like it could be custers regimenal hymn, instead of gerry owen. put in some crap about horses and custer would grab it up. I like an anthem from america the beautiful.
coluber2001

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 04:23 pm
@farmerman,
America the Beautiful would be great. I heard the music from the Star Spangled Banner was an English drinking song.

My Country Tis of Thee or whatever the title was is the same as God Save the Queen. We used to sing the first one a lot in grade school.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 04:09 pm
Two words, eh? Red Green show.
0 Replies

bds123vn

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 02:57 am
@tsarstepan,
Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, ...
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 03:57 am
Oh yeah! Another thing Americans have over Canadians is a high diversity of reptiles. Your diversity of snakes and other reptiles is pitiful. Too bad. Suffer. Some might see that as a good thing, but I've learned to ignore those people.
farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 04:22 am
@coluber2001,
The reason Canadia has a low worm diversity is that most all annelids wre killed off by glaciers during the Pleiocene and pleistocene and were actually restocked during the "Columbian Exchange"

I dont know that for fact but it was a line out of the "1491" and "1493' books.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 07:36 am
@coluber2001,
Americans have a lot of things over Canadians but I can't say I know anyone who cares about the number of reptiles we do or don't have, lol.
coluber2001

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 10:36 am
@Mame,
I know. There are one or two of us, though.
I'm trying to come up with stuff. Nobody hates Canadians.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 10:49 am
Canada is where people say they're from if you ask if they're American.
Mame

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 12:14 pm
@izzythepush,
lol... and then they can't tell you what the capital of Canada is Smile Beverly Sills had that question on Celebrity Jeopardy and she said, "Oh, I know this! I just sang there!" and proceeded to guess "Alberta?". Ha ha ha

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:16:31