• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 318 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 12:59 pm
@JessicaGulty,
I no longer have that very huge tree in my back yard.
engineer

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 01:02 pm
@Linkat,
What happened to your tree? Did you take some storm damage?
Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:24 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

What happened to your tree? Did you take some storm damage?

Nope we had the tree guys come out and tear it down - it was quite the show. We had some other "dying trees" taken down as well, although this was a somewhat healthy tree - it was huge and not far from our house. Whenever there is high winds we get tons of branches some quite large and the worry if a really big storm were to come up the house would be destroyed. We already had one uprooted in our woods that if it feel the other way would have destroyed our garage.

Oh and the other concern is in the spring we are having a nice patio with pavers put in - we'd have danger of its roots damaging the patio.

So now all we have is a lovely mound of dirt where it used to stand tall.

So yes over the past two days we have been destroying our trees.
hightor

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:26 pm
@Linkat,
What kinds of trees, Linkat?
Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:30 pm
@hightor,
The big one near the house was an oak.

The ones that were dying were pines and some were quite tall and we would watch them sway in the air whenever there was a high wind.

Sadly one of our holly trees had to go - it wasn't too big but they couldn't get to this incredibly big tree that was very obviously dead with out getting that out.

Our land is on a couple acres about half or more is wetlands and wooded. The tree guys assured us they could remove any trees from wetlands that were a danger to us - these were more the one on the edges of the wetlands and our yard.

I think the squirrels are particularly angry with us.
hightor

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:47 pm
@Linkat,
I've lived on this property for over forty years and I'm starting to worry about all the big picturesque black locust trees that surround our house. They were definitely part of the attraction I felt when I first saw the place but now they represent a greater liability with every passing year. Tree work is so expensive!
Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2021 03:14 pm
@hightor,
It depends on how big they are. The smaller trees were not very expensive - just that big massive oak we had.

It ended up being expensive because we kept adding on - oh grid down these trunks - we had to grind down the big tree cuz it was in the middle of the yard - then we had these smaller on the side of our property - two were dead the other one would have been on its way - because it was between our property and our neighbors - thought the neighborly thing would be to grind those down. Then we had another one that was causing issues in our driveway and we could not widen the driveway due to the tree - so we had to get rid of that and grind it down.

Now the yard is ready for the next step - getting siding done and then in the spring re-doing all the outdoor steps and walkways and then a nice patio in the back.

The previous owners did a lot of stuff on their own - he thought he could being a shop teacher - but there was so much stuff he did wrong and now we have to re-do it all. But we have such a beautiful back yard the patio will be awesome to enjoy it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hello
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:35:22