Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2021 10:10 pm
Does anyone here collect the Federal Duck Stamp?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 818 • Replies: 13
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 06:12 am
Saw that over here, I think that was a first, me seeing John Oliver before you post him on A2K.

I assume it's John Oliver. Your video is not available over here.

I liked the artist who took the piss.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 08:18 am
@izzythepush,
Yep. Tis Jon Oliver.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 09:42 am
@tsarstepan,
I bet the original oils sell for a lot more than my budget.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 09:47 am
@izzythepush,
Looked them up last night. They were already ranging from $15k to 20k with a day left in the auction.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 09:57 am
@tsarstepan,
Thought as much.

I have an original painting by exhibited artist Margaret Milnes.

I'll be lucky if I get £500 for it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 08:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
all duck hunters are a bunch of tools. Wild ducks taste like **** anyway. I have no idea why people hunt them .I know two guys who hadda get root canal work after biting into some steel shot that was in the duck meat. you can spend as much money duck hunting as you can in a big safari.

I like goose hunting becaus they come to me in my fields along about 10AM (a ecent time in the day), and they eat corn , not **** and mud. (Ducks taste lik what they eat). ya dont need a goddamn PT boat or to gt up at 3 AM and drive to a swamp just to freeze your nutzoff all day nd get one shot at 10AM.

So duck stamps are just part of the crazy hilarity that is waterfowl hunting.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 01:58 am
@farmerman,
Many buyers of duck stamps have nothing to do with duck hunting.
farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
I know, they are tools also. If you recall the old movie "FARGO", Marge's (the sherrif) ' husband was a duck stamp artist. Next time yure in the States, and if you schedule it during duck stamp contests season, (Usually happens in late winter), if you try to see a duck stamp how and judging, you will be totally underwhelmed at the people. Youll ask yourself "How can a people so mixed up in such a silly pursuit, have beaten the mightiest Empire in the World"
Only then will you realize that the UK has even sillier pursuits for passing time
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 04:45 am
@farmerman,
The mightiest empire in the world at the time was France, and you didn't beat them, you conspired with them.

We have worm charming events and cheese rolling.

I can't see myself going back to America, there's other places I'd like to see where I've never been.
farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 04:58 am
@izzythepush,
The reason I feel that mot huntrs are total assholes is the fact that ild ducks are barely edible and, since , our family's only rule for hunting is "If your gonna kill it, you better eat it"
Most US hunters go hunting for trophies, which,to me, is a horrific hobby second only to serial killing. they spend huge amounts of money pursuing govt supported poaching.

The Pa GAME COMMISSION, as an xample, is an agency that costs far more than it delivers and it actually RAISES, farm fed prey animals that are seasonally realeased to please small, but vocal bunh of total assholes.
I know, I hunt and its my choice to supplement the family iet with sone wild game foods (like Canada Gooses, rabbits and grouse) I lov the flavor of those animals, none of hich are farm raid.
Ducks are wild but a declining population , why not just lt m loose and let the natural web of life deal with them.

Im a tool also, I amit, but I dislike most hunters for what they are, mere trophy killers who get their tiny penii erect by slaughtering another species, then the govt sponsors this annual show of refrigerator art . That actually needs an injection of humor.

I wanna see somone eat a grizzly bar an tell m it tasts great.
THIS IS WHY THE US WILL NEVER BEAT COVID, our national head is up our national ass with anything that confuses "rights" with "manias"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 05:01 am
@izzythepush,
We set the stage for France becoming a third world nation, and a trur friend to th UK.

PS it was only De Grasses fleet of armed canal boats that helped, we still id all the heavy lifting an outsmarted you all.
Then in our civil war we adopted many British strategies an ore each other out with things lik massed charges
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 05:18 am
@farmerman,
Your troops are occupying us at the moment and treating the native population with contempt.

Just ask the parents of Harry Dunn.

You are the empire not us.
farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2021 09:33 am
@izzythepush,
we had the world's greatest teachers.
0 Replies