Rove/ Plame -- what do you think? (Yes, "General"...)

sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:43 pm
Note to mods, please keep this in "General". I specifically want to get the opinion of people who might not visit the "Politics" forum.

There are a lot of us over in Politics who are busy trying to figure out what the story is with the Valerie Plame leak. What I would like to know is what regular non-politics-junkies think about this. Is it on your radar? Do you have an opinion?

This is not so much to argue the merits (I'll try to keep myself to that) as plain curiosity.

I respectfully ask that everyone who has participated in blatham's "Rove was the source of the Plame leak... so it appears" thread to not post here -- go ahead and lurk of course, but comment on blatham's thread perhaps if you just gotta argue/ refute.

So, whaddya think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,074 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:45 pm
not only don't i lose any sleep over it, but i really could care less Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 07:48 pm
mmfhw bwuhmfs fubsh...?

<sound of me trying not to ask questions, via self-duct-taped mouth... carry on>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 08:44 pm
Re: Rove/ Plame -- what do you think? (Yes, "General&a
sozobe wrote:

There are a lot of us over in Politics who are busy trying to figure out what the story is with the Valerie Plame leak. What I would like to know is what regular non-politics-junkies think about this. Is it on your radar? Do you have an opinion?

I'm one of those who would never think of venturing into the Politics forum. Or, for that matter, the Religion one either. I mostly concentrate on news discussion. When it turns into a debate, I'm gone.

Now, I hope you don't think me ignorant, but somewhere along the way, I have not come across this "Valerie Plame leak". Could you please enlighten me with a source link? And, no, I won't venture to the Political forum to check out what's been said by others.

Then, I'd be glad to give you my opinion....
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2005 08:47 pm
<banging head on floor, but not uttering a sound of protest>
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:45 am
Well it has been confirmed now that Rove is the source of the leak.

My reaction is this...duh!

I mean, most people who have been against the war for years now believe that the invasion was unjustified and the the administration lied.

So it's kind of weird. Should the admin. be held accountable for the kind of politics everyone knows they've been playing all along? Even though most voters voted Bush anyways?

Of course I'd like to see Rove fired, but we know that won't happen.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 07:20 am
Thanks to everyone who's responded so far, much appreciated. (I know, LTX, I know, it's getting easier tho.)

Reyn, this is one of the most impartial sources of information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 09:59 am
Gargamel wrote:
Well it has been confirmed now that Rove is the source of the leak.

My reaction is this...duh!

My thoughts exactly.

I try to stay out of the Politics forum. It makes me too angry.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:05 pm
Re: Rove/ Plame -- what do you think? (Yes, "General&q
sozobe wrote:
What I would like to know is what regular non-politics-junkies think about this. Is it on your radar? Do you have an opinion?

Okay, so after having reviewed the link quickly, I would say that I normally wouldn't be having an opinion on an item like this. But, now that I've looked at it, and from what I understand of reading the agent protection law, it seems to me that Rove should be charged for leaking the identity of Plame.

If these people who do this undercover work can't be given some level of protection, who are you going to get to do this kind of necessary work? There has to be teeth in the law.

So, yes, the law should be enforced.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 08:11 pm
I'm a lurker in the Politics forum, and I've read some of the above-mentioned thread there.

I think it's just a matter of time before Rove either resigns or is fired.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:10 am
Bookmark.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 10:48 am
Put that gun down and stop watching us, Zane. It's scary.

<shivers>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:05 am
I'm also a politics lurker. To me this is just one more case of politics as usual. It doesn't really matter which party it is, they're both full of career politicians who look out for their own self interests. He should be fired. Time will tell...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:29 am
Thanks everyone, this is very interesting and I appreciate it.

<trying to figure out how to phrase in a non-leading way...>

It seems to have been on most everyone's radar, but what is "it" exactly? What do you think the story is? Just Rove? More than that? What, if so?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 01:47 pm
To me, the story is what politics IS these days. Everyone knows that if this happened to a liberal administration, Rove would jump down their throats. It's a story of his own brand of politics biting him in the ass.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 04:37 pm
Let's hope so, Gargamel. He so richly deserves it.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:07 pm
Eva wrote:
Put that gun down and stop watching us, Zane. It's scary.

<shivers>

<-- How's this, Eva?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:17 pm
It's the tip of the proverbial iceberg. It happened, what, two years ago? I'm sure there's lots more scandal out there - we just haven't heard about it yet.

Though I guess that makes it scandal-to-be. If no one's heard about it, it can't be a scandal yet.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:29 pm
That one's a bit boring for you, Zane.

Perhaps you could resize this one?

http://www.clubclassic.net/gallery/fotografi/chris/004.jpg
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:34 pm
Good god, Eva. Do we have a "What took your breath away today?" thread?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rove/ Plame -- what do you think? (Yes, "General"...)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:28:43