Word Choice

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 09:56 am
Are these sentences clear or is there a better choice?

The insured provided photos of the flooring. We are reviewing the photos and will have our vendor contact the insured to address the issues.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 167 • Replies: 4
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 10:23 am
@LBrinkmann,
They are clear enough, but seem a bit clumsy.

A little more information would help so I am going to make some assumptions, I assume you are responsible for costing the award, but the vendor is the one paying for it.

Is it really necessary that the insured knows they will be contacted by a different party from yourself?

All they want to know for now is that it is progressing.

“We are currently reviewing the photographs provided by the insured, and the vendor will be in contact shortly.”
LBrinkmann

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 01:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you! Clumsy is a great word to describe the sentences I put together.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 02:06 pm
@LBrinkmann,
LBrinkmann wrote:

Are these sentences clear or is there a better choice?

The insured provided photos of the flooring. We are reviewing the photos and will have our vendor contact the insured to address the issues.

Yeah, what Izzy said.

One note: If you use and expression like "the insured" in a paragraph, you probably should not use it a second time. Something more along the lines of "The insured provided photos of the flooring. We are reviewing them and will contact him (her) to address the issues promptly."
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2021 02:02 am
@LBrinkmann,
As I’ve mentioned before less is more, you should try and use as few words as possible. Which means what information is important. The insured doesn’t need to know that the photographs are of flooring because they took the photographs.

It you think about what you need to say and get rid of everything else before you start it makes things easier.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Word Choice
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:04:16