The Storm - Nickolaus

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 05:12 am
The storm seems to be slipping past us with a little bit of high wind and constant light rain. The power flickered a few minutes ago. Not a biggie for this side of Houston.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 356 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 05:18 am
Some parts of the area have lost power. I usually lose my TV by now during bad weather, due to the cheap plastic air antenna I use, but the CBS local channel hasn't wavered.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 06:30 am
It's mostly quiet out there. I think we've dodged the bullet at my house.
Tryagain

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 10:04 am
I reckon that thing is all catawampus and iffin' the creek don't rise, will change its name to Tropical Storm Nicholas by the time it crosses into Mississippi.

Over yonder y'all might be shakin', but down here it don't amount to a hill of beans cos we got underground cable TV.

Keep yore powder dry.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 08:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
youve certainly got enough excess water this year eh?

I guess we will get a heavy rain event from this four days down the pike.
I began cutting hay three days ago with the ideas of getting it into small bales
for winter feed. I hop e beat out the rain. A neighbor and I share som bottom land acreage and weve taken to plant new stands of Trefoil hay. (Its like the Star Trek magic grain (I think it was called quattro triticale_)), This stuff ill grow anywhere wet. Like rice but its a legume that produces 5 yars or so without molding.

Its amazing how the major ag hem companies have corporate "global warming enial policies" , but are some of the most up front developers of new strains s and varietals of seeds that can take weirder drying condition, longer seasons, and wetter climates

Were all connected one way or the other
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2021 08:35 pm
@farmerman,
This year started out with us getting a bit too much rain. It gradually turned toward the drought state after a time. By the time Timothy came along my plants were showing stress from the dryness. This storm gave us a few days of constant light rain. It eased the drought for us, little more. Just talking Tomball and Spring, since we sit in the exact center between both towns. Other spots around us have had entirely different experiences.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2021 05:56 am
https://spacecityweather.com/it-may-not-feel-like-it-but-houston-narrowly-escaped-a-much-worse-fate-from-hurricane-nicholas/

More on the storm.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Storm - Nickolaus
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 11:27:19