Someone stole my bible

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 02:48 am
Hi

Someone stole my swedish bible and now it's gone. How do you prevent this and what can you do ??

/TooFriendly112
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 405 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 06:40 am
@TooFriendly112,
I guess you should re-trace your steps and determine how it got stolen. Did you leave it somewhere in the open? If so, then the solution would be not to leave it - keep it with you. Did you leave it on your desk at work? Then the solution would be to put in a locked door in your desk.

Not that this is your fault that you had something stolen - but unfortunately there are thieves and ones that will steal almost anything including ironically a Bible. Unfortunately the only way to avoid this is to keep these out of temptation of thieves. You need to have the attitude of - how important is this to you and if it is, take the care to have it safe guarded (whether that is to lock it up, keep it on your person or keep it out of sight). Nothing will avoid a determined thief, but my guess is something as low a value (monetary wise) as a Bible, would simply need to be kept out of sight to avoid theft.
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 08:10 am
@TooFriendly112,
LOL when I was in high school the King Jame bible was read every morning to us except when I hid it from the teacher.

Not a good time to be an atheist with the most hated woman in the nation being an atheist for example.

Oh the good old days.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 08:39 am
@BillRM,
Martha Stewart is an atheist?
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Martha Stewart is an atheist?

Madalyn Murray O'Hair dear sir.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 11:05 am
@BillRM,
Madalyn Murray O'Hair (born Mays; April 13, 1919 – September 29, 1995)

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:27 pm
@BillRM,
So, is Martha Stewart an atheist?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 12:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
I’ve never heard of her, had to look her up.

I don’t think we have an equivalent figure over here, we’re not as religious.

The Beatles bigger than Jesus interview was three months old and pretty much passed without comment over here before an American press group picked up the story.

That, in a nutshell, sums up the different religiosity between the UK and USA.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 02:19 pm
@izzythepush,
We have a wide variety of religious and non religious tilting at windmills.
0 Replies

TooFriendly112

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 02:23 pm
@Linkat,
I did this for a very long time. I also lost my books and bookshelf that I bought? Now I have bought a new book shelf for 3 times now?

I have finally all my books back again?

This could just not possibly happen where I live?

I love reading my american catholic bible (remembering my american granpa), King james bible (my dad duh), and my swedish bible (have you been watching television lately?! HELLO)

/TooFriendly112
Linkat

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 03:39 pm
@TooFriendly112,
How do you lose a bookshelf? Kind of big to get stolen and awkward to steal.

You know you can read the Bible right on the internet - don't need the hard copy any more.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 11:10 pm
@TooFriendly112,
Hire the A Team to get your stolen book back.

Or just go online bookstore or to a brick-and-mortar bookstore and buy a damn new copy.
Ragman

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2021 07:31 am
@tsarstepan,
If you look at the posting history of this person, you might guess at their delusional state. They may not have the capability to sort through how to manage the task.
0 Replies

TooFriendly112

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2021 06:59 am
@tsarstepan,
You can't do this (I need them for book binding!)

Also my king james got stolen AND my american bible!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Someone stole my bible
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:35:50