Unprofessional email addresses

4thtwin

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 09:51 am
I've always wondered why some people set up or have email addresses that are a bit unprofessional. I work for a medical company signing patients up for free medication and a number of them will list their email addresses on them. I recently spoke with an older guy who had to be transferred to another department. In speaking with that department I was giving them the patient's info and when asked for the email address this is what they had listed: 1bigorangebogger@..... Why on God's green earth would anyone want to have an email address like this? You hear stories all the time of people applying for jobs with unprofessional email address that are sexual in nature yet they still put it on their resume and job applications. Do people think these are funny and will garner a chuckle or do they honestly think they are going to get noticed by a hiring rep as being funny or silly and easy to get along with? Again, why do people set up unprofessional email addresses?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 403 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 11:49 am
@4thtwin,
4thtwin wrote:

I've always wondered why some people set up or have email addresses that are a bit unprofessional. I work for a medical company signing patients up for free medication and a number of them will list their email addresses on them. I recently spoke with an older guy who had to be transferred to another department. In speaking with that department I was giving them the patient's info and when asked for the email address this is what they had listed: 1bigorangebogger@..... Why on God's green earth would anyone want to have an email address like this? You hear stories all the time of people applying for jobs with unprofessional email address that are sexual in nature yet they still put it on their resume and job applications. Do people think these are funny and will garner a chuckle or do they honestly think they are going to get noticed by a hiring rep as being funny or silly and easy to get along with? Again, why do people set up unprofessional email addresses?

I suspect it is because we have not yet developed a vaccine to deal with stupid.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 04:15 pm
@4thtwin,
Yup. I knew a guy in his late 60’s who went by “bronco boy”. He couldn’t figure out why no woman would respond on the senior dating site.

When I told him to change his email, he explained that his college mascot was the bronco and he took his name from that.

What woman would have guessed that?

Mame

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 07:58 pm
@PUNKEY,
And what woman would have cared?
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 08:56 pm
@Mame,
hell, I still laugh at a profssional ite tht sells fountain pens on the web and is called PEN ISLAND . (when ya have a web site ya gotta have no spaces . so depends on what yer searching for .
I guess we dont have to get all worked up unless the name is something really really really dirty .
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 06:47 am
@4thtwin,
Some folk are immature (Mentally), throughout their lifespan. It's an ego-based attempt to supply themselves with attention - like having tattoos, wearing make-up, jewels, brandnames, designer beards, hairstyles, owning a lapdog, etc - It's All about fitting-in with, or keeping-up with what today's establishment is filling their heads with.

Having designer eyebrows, enlarged arses or breasts - Complete madness.
But, each to their own, say I.
Coz I don't care about this world.

Have a lovely day
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unprofessional email addresses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:28:22