1

Closures for a resin and wood necklace

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 11:07 pm

- I need to safely make places of closure for a necklace made of wood 1/8" thick and resin about 3/8" thick. I mean safely so it doesn't hurt or pinch the skin.
- Some places of the necklace are all wood (about 1/2" thick).
- The necklace has one place of closure at the neck. It is made of 2 pieces of resin one behind the other for about 1/4". Each one of the resin end is about 1/8" thick so there is not much room to insert something inside.

- There is another closure on the necklace, in the middle of the necklace, (it will rest on the décolleté). That place is in wood only, about 1/2 thick and 2" long so it will need several "things" to close it.
- Velcro will not work because it’s too light of a closure and the necklace is heavy solid wood and it will open from the pressure of the weight or movement of the person.
- Screws won’t work because it needs to open and close as often as needed.
- I wish I could put the pictures but that is not an option here.
Thank you so much!