need help w/yahoo mail

roger

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 04:00 pm
I receive email and cannot reply. Also, I can't send email. The send and reply options are at the bottom of the page and it won't let me scroll down that far.

I did find a live chat option within yahoo mail. Wouldn't you know, the send option cannot be reached on my computer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 296 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 04:09 pm
@roger,
Quote:
it won't let me scroll down that far
did the bottom of the browser get stretched down below the bottom edge of the monitor?

that has happened to me on occasion...
roger

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 04:23 pm
@Region Philbis,
That's what happened. It came back once the other day, but since then, it's been constant. A computer reboot doesn't help.

I notice yahoo is promoting an improved mail system for $5.00/month. That would be worth it to fix the problem, but there is no assurance that the problem would be fixed. You suppose this is a deliberate glitch to encourage us to move to a paid subscription?
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 05:42 pm
@roger,
Quote:
That's what happened. It came back once the other day, but since then, it's been constant. A computer reboot doesn't help.
try grabbing the top of the window and push it down without moving it's location,
then slide the window up until you see the bottom of the window with the missing buttons...

Quote:
I notice yahoo is promoting an improved mail system for $5.00/month. That would be worth it to fix the problem, but there is no assurance that the problem would be fixed.
yahoo mail has always been free... it's up to you, but i would never pay for it...

Quote:
You suppose this is a deliberate glitch to encourage us to move to a paid subscription?
doubtful...
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 06:12 pm
@roger,
I have a yahoo account that I forwarded to another. A few months ago, they informed me that unless I paid $5.00/month for that privilege, that option would be cut off. They don't deserve any more money, so I declined and have been moving everything over to my other account. I am still able to send and receive, but I'm not paying to forward. It's a money grab.
roger

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 06:38 pm
@Region Philbis,
I think that worked - maybe. I'll see if it still works tomorrow.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 07:43 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I have a yahoo account that I forwarded to another. A few months ago, they informed me that unless I paid $5.00/month for that privilege, that option would be cut off. They don't deserve any more money, so I declined and have been moving everything over to my other account. I am still able to send and receive, but I'm not paying to forward. It's a money grab.

Who did you go with, if you don't mind my asking? I hope it doesn't come to that as I'm not sure how to forward to another account, and I really prefer not to do that manually. I would also prefer not to lose my saved emails, nor have to notify every one of them of the new address. Most of the emails have no value, but a couple are important.
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 08:56 pm
@roger,
You can still keep your yahoo account, for whatever that's worth, as I still have mine and don't wish to change everything over to my new one (bank accounts, etc), but I have a google account, or there's hotmail and others. But I don't take kindly to be taken hostage. Yahoo is not the only game in town. And you will have to notify those you care about of your new address. That's just the way it is. I frequently get new email notifications from friends and family and it takes only a second to update them, so it's no hardship. Why pay $60/yr for yahoo when others are free?
roger

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2021 09:10 pm
@Mame,
I'll keep that in mind if things don't work out on my still free yahoo acct. Fortunately, my bank has its own very good site.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 03:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
By golly, it is still working. I guess that worked, or maybe they just fixed the darn thing
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 03:15 pm
@roger,

glad to have possibly helped...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » need help w/yahoo mail
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:37:21