Who's car should we take?

Snowed

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 08:35 am
My husband is at it again when it comes to our cars. The other week he got a flyer from the college he received his master's degree from about their upcoming homecoming weekend. He wants to go. The college is about a 4 hour drive away. He said we've not been anywhere this year and this would be a good time to just get out of town for a few days. He drives a big SUV and at the moment the AC in his truck isn't working and he said he's not going to worry about getting it fixed this year since the summer is almost over. My car is a year newer and everything is working fine with my car. Since his AC has been down when ever we go anywhere we usually take my car. Granted he's still driving his SUV. When he mentioned going to his school's homecoming I told him we're not taking my car. He looked at me like "why not?" He said that when we both upgraded a few years ago we agreed that we would alternate which car goes on which road trip. His once then mine the next time. He reminded me that his truck has been on the last 3 road trips while mine stayed home. We were supposed to go to FL with my family a this month but that trip got cancelled and he was determined to drive my car. I do not want all those miles on my car. His response to me was, "oh, so you don't mind putting all those miles on my car then, huh?" Whenever we have gone anywhere together this summer we'd drive my car because it has running AC. I'm tired of driving my car. He needs to get his AC fixed so we can take HIS car to HIS homecoming. Am I wrong? I can see this coming up in our next counseling session this week and it's going to make me look like the bad guy again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 256 • Replies: 4
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 09:52 am
@Snowed,
Can’t you sort this out between you?

What difference does the opinion of a load of strangers on the Internet make anyway?

The sort of problems you and your husband have are the sort of problems kids have. And now you’re expecting someone on here to play the part of a grownup.

Here’s my advice, he should take his car and leave you behind. That way he might actually enjoy himself, and you won’t be getting upset about him not dropping everything the minute you walk in the room.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 10:12 am
does anyone else get the feeling that this is just one person posting? Meaning the husband (barry) is his wife (snowed) - he is posting as snowed to perhaps have us answer to "his wife" in a way that he would like -- aka to win.

I don't know but these posts seem suspect. Really would a wife and husband each post on the same board with their issues and disagreements like this?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 10:29 am
@Linkat,
It does have a certain synchronicity about it, them both starting to post round about the same time.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 02:17 pm
It's a "why bother" situation, to me. Whomever is doing the posting isn't posting for advice - they're posting to vent and be right. And on, as izzy says, such juvenile and trivial matters. What ointment on the child's bum, what car to use, why she is sitting down at church, and on and on. If these are the major issues in this relationship, after 20 years together, they should visit Syria, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Eritrea, Africa... now THEY have real problems.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Who's car should we take?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:10:07