He keeps our love life private on social media

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 11:18 am
Hello everyone,
maybe I am just too anxious but I am worried my boyfriend is ashamed of me because he doesn’t post any pic with me on social media. He says he loves me but prefers not to share his private life on them. I respect this decision and think it’s a really mature one but in this case it doesn’t really convince me because he is always posting pics of his family and friends. Why do I never appear on it? I would not like him to share every single moment of our love life with his followers but at least one pic to let his friends know he’s with me. I have also noticed he likes some very hot pics of other girls.. I told him that made me upset and feel not respected. As a response, he deleted instagram “for a few weeks”. But I still don’t know weather to trust him or not.
We have a long distance relationship and I see he is really putting in the effort for us: he rings everyday, he comes to see me for long periods, he introduced me to his family and close friends and he cares about me. But his behaviour on social media doesn’t convince me at all. I would love to hear your point of you about that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 452 • Replies: 12
No top replies

VABGirl

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:44 pm
@Lucydiciano,
I think he is wise to keep his love life off social media. I think it should be something personal between you and him.
roger

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 08:56 pm
@VABGirl,
I agree, but I was surprised he shared stuff about his own family. I'm not inclined to do either.
VABGirl

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:39 pm
@roger,
Im not much for social media anyway. I think the op is better off not using it so much. And dont worry all that much about the pictures, OP. I dont think its a big deal.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 05:04 am
@Lucydiciano,
Quote:
We have a long distance relationship

Do the two of you plan on turning this long distance relationship into a close distance relationship?
Lucydiciano

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 05:20 am
@Real Music,
Yes, he’s coming to live with me in october
Real Music

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 05:47 am
@Lucydiciano,
Once your long distance relationship turns into a close distance relationship, he might be more open to displaying you on his social media.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 06:09 am
How old are you two? I find that age has a lot to do with social media postings involving/showing/announcing relationships.

If you don’t trust him, then why have him move in with you?
Lucydiciano

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 06:56 am
@PUNKEY,
We are 22 and 24 years old. For our generation, sharing the most important moments in our lives on social media is really common. Especially for us, given that we both travel a lot and have friends all around Europe. It's also a way to stay in touch with them. And he shares a lot of his life apart from me
Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 08:20 am
@Lucydiciano,
Lucydiciano wrote:

We are 22 and 24 years old. For our generation, sharing the most important moments in our lives on social media is really common. Especially for us, given that we both travel a lot and have friends all around Europe. It's also a way to stay in touch with them. And he shares a lot of his life apart from me

Yes it is - that age group shares EVERYTHING - I went to a brunch with my daughter (now granted the dish was very pretty and looked very yummy) and yep guess a picture is taken of the dish and posted on social media.

But to answer the question - it is another it depends - some people (even of that age group) share more and others share very little. My younger,(18) daughter rarely puts anything on facebook but is constantly on tiktok and other types like Instagram -

You mention he shares a lot other than you - maybe he wants to wait until you two are closely in actual distance- he could be hesitate until you are really together.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 08:26 am
He has not posted ONE picture of you two together?

That’s odd.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2021 04:52 pm
@Lucydiciano,
Maybe he just wants to keep your romance private. Thats not a bad thing.
0 Replies

Wickle

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2021 04:46 pm
I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping personal things private, but this does sound a little suspicious. Seems like he doesn't want it out there at all that you're dating, which raises some questions.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » He keeps our love life private on social media
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:49:07