The Stone.

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 03:16 am
What do you know about Sir Isaac Newton's search for the philosopher's stone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 231 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed
No top replies

farmerman

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:28 am
@The Anointed,
shows us that not all great minds are tied tightly. He was, after all, known primarily s an alchemist.
Like most early scientists, they were either doctors, clergy, or surveyors/engineers
The Anointed

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:09 pm
@farmerman,
The philosopher’s stone was believed by many Alchemists of the past, including Omar Khayyam, to be the concealed stone with seven facets, the mystic seed of transcendental life, which should invade, tinge, and wholly transmute, the imperfect self into spiritual gold.

“The Mighty Alchemist that in a thrice, life’s leaden metal into Gold transmute". Omar Khayyam.

Others believed that it had the power to change base metals into Gold.

Which of those two beliefs do you believe, was the inspiration that drove Newton to his life long search for the secret of the stone?
farmerman

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:30 pm
@The Anointed,
Alwxner Pope hd some other things to say about Newton and alchemy. I hqvent spent a moment on either of yours. Id rather Pope' observation.

Clculus isnt alchemy its a numerical analyses of motion, time, and dimensions
farmerman

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 04:31 pm
@The Anointed,
Nicolas Steno made light of a real "philosophers stone".

Also, Newton learnd that god was low on his math skills
0 Replies

The Anointed

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 05:32 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry mate, I've never heard of Alwxner pope.
The Anointed

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:11 pm
@farmerman,
You do understand the importance of motion, time, and dimensions, in the study of the transmutation of solids into energy, don't you?
farmerman

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:32 pm
@The Anointed,
now where are you trying to go? Have you a basic understanding of calculus?.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 06:37 pm
@The Anointed,
dont be a shithead. You could easily discern Alexander Pope out of that (at least if you left the P capitalized you would have).

The Anointed

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 07:44 pm
@farmerman,
Matey. I copied one of your posts when you were babbling crap as usual, and pasted into my documents and got my computer voice to read it aloud for me, Man, was that a comical exercise, me mates couldn't believe it, and BTW, they couldn't understand it either.
farmerman

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:25 pm
@The Anointed,
then you and your mates should lay off the booze or read more about men of natural philosophy.
The Anointed

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 09:34 pm
@farmerman,
Nah mate. all work and no play make Jack a dull boy, we need people like you to bring a little humour into our lives.

And if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, then ping off like a good boy, and stop trying to derail the thread.
farmerman

Thu 12 Aug, 2021 10:35 pm
@The Anointed,
you could begin by looking up some of Popes poetry .

I dont ned to be approved by some old sot like you when Ive worked hard for my creds. Youve merely looked disassembled facts up without even questioning their validity
The Anointed

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 12:18 am
@farmerman,
I neither approve of you nor disapprove of you, but like I have said if you have nothing constructive to add to the topic, and are only attempting to derail the thread, then ping off like a good fellow, and go and annoy someone else.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Stone.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:45:06