rbboom

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 11:56 am
I have a Kenmore water softener that's about 5-6 years old. We have been noticing a gradual loss of pressure. When I put it in bypass the pressure is as it should be so I suspected blockage somewhere. After doing some reading I found that my top distributor/basket was really plugged up with a black odorless film that I was told by well guy is magnesium. I cleaned up the distributor and the basket with a filter screen that sits in it. From my reading I found that there is another filter/screen at the end of the drop pipe that goes into the resin. My water pressure is improved but still not what I think it should be. My question is, do I have to dump resin and possibly change it in order to get that pipe out, cleaned and replaced? I'm not sure what the consistency of the resin is. Am I able to just lift it out? If I am would I be able to push it back in after cleaning and reassemble the softener? I look forward to any help you could offer. Thank You!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 426 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Question about Softener resin
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:44:44