Hidden or deleted messages in Facebook messenger.

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2021 07:28 pm
Hi, I'll get straight to the point. So my partner and her ex have been using messenger as a main communication source for years... which they have been using to discuss matters involving their child. Without going into detail, basically he has all of a sudden somehow deleted all messages from their conversation (dating back years) but you can still see his profile picture and the part where the message's are 'suppose' to be but they are now all just blank spaces, however all my partners messages/replies are all still there... This is very dodgy on his behalf as alot of these messages could be used as evidence in a potential court hearing...

(Just for some context, alot of these messages are of a bullying and harrassment nature.)

My questions are:

Is it possible to get these back? If so how?

How has he done this? I am aware of ways you can delete messages in conversations so that the other party cannot read them anymore but they leave a 'you unsent a message' label where the message was suppose to be and you need to go through each and every message individually to do this... (I have tested this method) so I assume he has used a different method to this?

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter! Cheers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 308 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Fakename89

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 03:55 am
@Fakename89,
For anyone else looking for an answer on the matter, I have figured it out...

go to, Settings and Privacy/Settings/Your Facebook Information/Download Your Information..

From there you can select the dates you wish to download all past information from, ranging from months to years, to all time even..

You can also click all the checkboxes to select what info you wish to download!

Hope this helps..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hidden or deleted messages in Facebook messenger.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:24:41