Anyone familiar with Vinyl Flooring?

Tue 3 Aug, 2021 06:38 am
We've been using our Covid savings to do house projects and Ms. Engineer wants to do something with the bathroom tile. We've heard good things about Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) and that it can go over the existing flooring so you don't have to pull out the tile and relevel the floor. Anyone have any experience with using LVT?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 3,846 • Replies: 14
Topic Closed
No top replies

Joeblow

Wed 4 Aug, 2021 09:30 am
@engineer,
Just bumping. Interested, too.

No experience with it, but I've seen it, and it looked great.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 4 Aug, 2021 10:53 am
I believe it would do well over the existing, if you could be confident in the caulking to not let water seep in between.
engineer

Wed 4 Aug, 2021 02:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
My son put some in his home. I'm going to see him next month and will check it out.
engineer

Mon 9 Aug, 2021 06:54 am
@engineer,
Moved a son into a new apartment over the weekend and it had luxury vinyl. Very nice. We become empty nesters next week, might be time for some home renovation.
Joeblow

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 06:55 am
@engineer,
I thought it looked pretty good too. Uncertain how it would hold up, but haven't researched. If you decide to go with it, would appreciate an update.

engineer

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 08:34 am
@Joeblow,
My daughter is off to college next week so it might be time to do some construction projects.
Joeblow

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:48 am
@engineer,
Are you excited!? A whole new dynamic is about to unfold Smile
I think some joint projects will be fabulous
Joeblow

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:51 am
@Joeblow,
Unless you kill each other
0 Replies

briinkly

Fri 3 Sep, 2021 05:33 am
@engineer,
It's a long-lasting awesome flooring option!
0 Replies

RayMikler

Thu 4 Nov, 2021 03:36 pm
@engineer,
I had some experience with the cheap ones and let me tell you it wasn't good at all
0 Replies

Jessika Harris

Sat 31 Dec, 2022 02:43 am
@engineer,
Yes, many people are familiar with vinyl flooring. It is a popular flooring choice for many homes because it is durable, easy to clean and maintain, and comes in a variety of styles. It is also relatively inexpensive compared to other flooring options.

Vinyl flooring is made from PVC plastic and is available in sheets, tiles, or planks. It is often layered with a wear layer that protects it from scratches and dents, as well as a backing layer for extra cushioning and sound absorption. Vinyl flooring is also available in a variety of colors and patterns, making it a great choice for any room in the home.
0 Replies

lotte22

Tue 10 Jan, 2023 12:25 am
@engineer,
No LVT experience.
0 Replies

emaggio

Sun 12 Feb, 2023 09:33 am
I learned that this flooring has a lot of advantages over other types such as durability, easy to maintain, scratch-resistant, waterproof and also easy to install.
0 Replies

EvyGmail

Sat 18 Feb, 2023 01:02 am
Vinyl flooring provides amazing look to the home
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anyone familiar with Vinyl Flooring?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:20:45