Is this guy dying? Moving to Antarctica in a week? About to turn into a lizard?
If the answer to all three of these questions is no, then him wanting to rush rush rush everything should be an ENORMOUS red flag
Why would he be rushing things with someone he just met? Have you been chatting online for years? I get the feeling the answer to that is no. So he doesn't know you, and you don't know him.
Here are a few possible reasons (apart from turning into a lizard, see above) why he would rush you like this:
- He's nowhere near as wealthy as he claims and wants to snag you before you find out
- He won't get an allowance or an inheritance unless he marries -- and... it doesn't matter to him who it is, long as she's got a pulse
- Same as #2 but he needs to have a kid
- He's a control freak who will make your life miserable
- Same as #4 but he's an abuser
- He wants to drag you to a country or into a religion/cult and you will have a devil (pun intended) of a time getting out of it
In short, none of these are terribly nice reasons. And even if he likes you and thinks there's going to be another lockdown because of the 'Rona, we all know those don't go on forever.
Life ain't the movies. While on very rare occasions, people who barely know each other can have happy and fulfilling lives together, your chances of winning the lottery are far better.
Ask him why he's in such a hot hurry. Find out what will happen if you don't hurry. And if the answer is that he'll drop you like a rock, then thank your lucky stars that you dodged a bullet and move on with your life.