My father is becoming annoying What should I do ?

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2021 05:21 pm
Hello everyone and thank you for visiting this topic.

My family is facing some problems right now related to my father behavior. Currently I am 24 years old and I am working remotely from home, living with my father and my mother. My older sister is married and my middle brother works abroad and I am the little son. The problem I am going to talk about does not involve bullying or anything serious, it's just becoming annoying and I wish I could find a solution.

My father is a retired man, taking good care of all of us. He has a little brother, who is the CEO of the company where my brother is employed. Of course he got him this job and it's been nearly 5 years. Since then, I am feeling like my father is becoming so needy, submissive and clingy to my uncle. All of us noticed it. He wants to involve him in any kind of subject : If I am looking for an internship, he insists that we should take his advice. If I got an offer from some company or whatever, he wants me to share it with him. That's the case for all of us and not only me : lately my brother came back for some vacations with us and he noticed that my uncle bought a new car, so he casually congratulated my father. Later in the same day, my uncle called my father and guess what my old man told him ? He said that my brother was overwhelmed by the car and he wanted to wash it and drive it so much that he went crazy ... I hope you see my point here. Things are escalating and it's becoming ass kissing.

He also treats my uncle's son, my cousin way better than he ever treated us. He is so friendly towards him and always jokes with him. He barely does that with me or my brother. My uncle never treats me that way too, I respect him so much and we get along, but not in a friendly way. Same thing goes with my uncle's wife, which annoys my mother so much. I just can't stand it anymore. He makes us feel like the lackeys. I am 100% sure that if he had to choose between his family and his brother, he would go for his brother. He wants me to join the company so much too, which I never intend to do if this keeps up, because the ass kissing will evolve and that's the last thing I want.

Even when I mentioned that I want to work in Japan, where my brother works, but in a different company, he tried to convince me not to because there is a possibility that my uncle will get mad because I went there without his approval and not in his company ... What the hell was that ? Believe it's driving me crazy even though I am a calm person. That is my decision to make and my uncle is not my father ! He did not help me in any way throughout my studies and I don't owe him anything, why the hell should I give up on something I want to experience and do just to satisfy him ? You see ? My father cares about my uncle more than he cares about us in a stupid and toxic way. He did not think about the advantages of me moving there : Me and my brother will be reunited, which will make things easier for both of us, especially me because this will be my first time working in a foreign country. We will help each other there, be there for each other ... but no, he had to cast aside those advantages for the sake of avoiding the possibility of my uncle getting somehow mad at me going to a city where his company is located.

I want to let out my anger at my father for his behavior. I want to yell at him so much to the point I am sure that It will end up with a serious argument and fight. Believe me it's affecting even my mental health. I will be graduating soon but my thoughts are concentrated on this kind of problems instead of my graduation project.

Finally, thank you so much for reading this towards the end. What do you suggest I do ? What do you thinks of my situation ?

Thank you in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 253 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » My father is becoming annoying What should I do ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 11:33:44