Team USA Basketballers Stinking it Up

Ragman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 01:40 pm
@snood,
His expression rarely shows him worried.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 09:03 am
Well we beat Spain. And we’re in the semifinals. They are looking a LOT better.
The addition of Booker and Holliday helped.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2021 06:41 pm
Next up: Australia in the semifinals. August 5th (at about 1AM EST)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 03:02 am
Aaaand we beat Australia. I just realized we’ve WON the quarter finals and the semifinals. We play the winner of France/Slovenia for GOLD!

The gold medal game is on Friday, 8/6.

USA! USA!
snood

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 03:53 pm
@snood,
We play France for the Gold Medal. The game airs Friday night at 10:30pm EST.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 06:46 pm
If you are dissatisfied with the performance of the American men's basketball team, go check out the American women's basketball team.

Whatever you think of the men's basketball team, the women's basketball team has been the very definition of great.
snood

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:30 pm
@oralloy,
It’s okay to support both teams
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 07:22 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

If you are dissatisfied with the performance of the American men's basketball team, go check out the American women's basketball team.

Whatever you think of the men's basketball team, the women's basketball team has been the very definition of great.

Oh we are watching the women's team (well not really because I do not stay up to the early AM to see it - but more keeping track of them). I have two young women daughters who play/played basketball throughout their young lives and now either play or played at college.
Mame

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 09:07 am
@Linkat,
Well, Canada just won gold in women's soccer ...
Linkat

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:04 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Well, Canada just won gold in women's soccer ...

Yep saw that - Canada beat us - well we gotta give you one.

Especially after the last women's Olympic hockey - was this payback?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:16 am
We don’t even have a male football team in the running, just the ladies.

Football and the Olympics is a real problem here. It’s team GB for the Olympics, but when it comes to football it’s all home nations.

And the four male teams, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, couldn’t agree the makeup of the team this time.

Nobody really cares, England just missed out on the European Cup to Italy. And that’s the best we’ve done since 1966.

It’s the only sport I watch to be honest.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:07 pm
Say what you will about these guys, they have shown me something in these last several games. I’m watching them in the 4th quarter of the gold medal game right now, and they are battling with heart and pride and skill.

I had my doubts early on, but they have done us all proud.
There is no compensation for players or coaches - just the right to say they represented their country.

Ten point lead with 8 minutes left in the game. Fingers crossed.
snood

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2021 10:30 pm
Yes!! USA!!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 08:42 am
@snood,
It was refreshing and nice to see.

Now for women tonight
snood

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 08:39 pm
@Linkat,
This women’s gold medal game is a ridiculous mismatch. It’s like women playing girls. I don’t think I’m even gonna watch.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 10:41 pm
Should point out Australia won its first ever Olympic men’s basketball medal last night. I don’t know the game and never watch it, but I was hanging on every shot. Not bad for a country of only 25M
snood

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 06:42 am
It’s striking to me, how many people showed up on this thread to say something disparaging about the men’s Olympic b-ball team when they were doing badly, but either ignored it or changed the subject when they turned it around and were victorious.

Haters gonna hate.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 05:11 pm
@Wilso,
Similar to Japans women’s basketball team. With their size limit they did incredibly well. A first for them to medal in this sport. I enjoyed their perseverance.
Mame

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 05:19 pm
@Linkat,
Yeah, and they didn't lose by much. I didn't watch it, but am following some of the commentary.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 05:01:38