How can a doctor request training in major hospitals outside his country?

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2021 05:54 pm
so here we are, my uncle is a general doctor, he took his doctor certification and begin his work on hospital fifteen years ago. he wants to ask for training in any big hospital in France, he asked me to help them.

the thing is I have no idea about that kind of proceed, should he asked for a training ship, or for a temporary job. should he write a letter? and is there any problem?

I already searched in google about that and I didn't find any related results. please guide me, very thankful for any effort and I appreciate your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 80 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2021 07:53 pm
@Mii Ranna,
He needs to write to whatever department it's called in France to a school he'd like to attend to find out if his credentials meet France's medical criteria. In Canada, in the school, that department is called the Dean of Medicine. In the country, it's called the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. They will look at where he trained and assess whether his training meets their requirements. They will advise him if he has to take classes to meet their specifications. Once that is done, he needs to contact the head of the specialty he wants to train in (oncology, paediatrics, etc) and see if there are any fellowship or subspecialty positions available.

Or, he could start with the Specialty Head and be redirected from there. But he will likely have to go through all these steps and it could take a couple of years.

I would suggest he discover which countries are desperate for what he wants to specialize in and contact them as well.
0 Replies

  1. Forums
  2. » How can a doctor request training in major hospitals outside his country?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/24/2021 at 09:33:32