Middle O' the Night Thread

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 03:37 am
It's 2:30 am here and another sleepless night. Not because of anything interesting, just the product of an odd sleep schedule.

As I lay in my bed I can't help but let my mind wander. I'll think about my family, my friends, and anything that has happened recently. But, somehow, no matter what I think of, it always leads me to the regrets in my life. Everything from the time that I accidentally ignored my mother as a child, to how much I wish I could bother myself to send a letter to my sister because I know she misses me.

I'm sure it's a normal thing for people to think about their regrets, but is it normal to dwell on them? I have regrets from when I was a child -- things that I shouldn't even be regretful about, yet somehow they haunt me. I have regrets about things that other people have done.

It seems to be a regular occurrence for me. Whenever I'm not occupying my mind with something else, I tend to think about things that I've lost, that I once cared for, or how I really should just get off my lazy ass and do the things that I've always dreamt about.

Do you all have this same problem?

Is it even a problem, or just a way to deal with the emotions we have?

Why don't you risk a little public exposure with some of your own regrets? Open yourself up to the community and share some regrets you've had over the years -- no matter how small, no matter how much it hurts. Perhaps you'll find that it's more healing than brooding about it like me. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 557 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 03:58 am
"Regret is a wasted emotion" I forget who said this but I beleive it's true.I suffer from alot of regret and keep repeating the same mistakes
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Middle O' the Night Thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 12:59:11