Connecting All Devices In My Apartment To Router & Then To A HOTSPOT

SnoBro

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 11:14 am
Ok so basically I live near an Optimum hotspot in Northern NJ. I have an Optimum account at my house (where the modem is), but my apartment is near an Optimum Hotspot which allows me to get internet using my Optimum Account from my apartment where there is no modem.

All my T.V.'s (TCL 65" & TCL 40") are smart and connect through WiFi through the hot spot with no issues.

Roomba, Kangaroo Doorbell (similar to Ring), the Roku remote from my iPhone, and an Amazon Alexa (which I gave away) will not connect to this hotspot.

They are all "in range", and it is absolutely not a an issue of not getting a "good" connection.

ROUTER ISSUE
I bought a TP-Link (TL-WR940N) Router thinking I could simply use the router as a "repeater" and connect everything through there since the issue seems to be that the devices can't be found on the public network.

What/How can I connect everything together without actually buying another plan?

I appreciate anyone's advice in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 227 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 12:04 pm
@SnoBro,
Try this video

SnoBro

Reply Sat 1 May, 2021 11:24 am
@engineer,
Thanks I am going to try now and post back. Hopefully this works...appreciate it bro.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Connecting All Devices In My Apartment To Router & Then To A HOTSPOT
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:38:39