Pro-voting and anti-rioting.

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 07:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
1. I am strongly on the side of the Democrats when it comes to voting rights. There is no excuse for restricting voting hours or making it harder to vote. The voting restrictions are clearly racially injust. Many of the new restrictions aren't even for security. and with the almost insignficant levels of fraud, there is no excuse.

I disagree. The Republican restrictions are all about security.

We don't know that there isn't massive fraud. Security measures are so lax that it is likely that any fraud that occurs will go undetected.

I recognize that the intent of your thread is not to argue this specific issue. But like Brandon, I disagree with what you wrote there.

I'll address your intended point of the thread in my next post.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 07:47 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The point of this thread is the ability to think independently. You can agree one ideological side on most issues, and still agree with the other side on some issues. These two issues are my actual beliefs... but the specific issues don't matter.

The two extremes are in lockstep unquestioning agreement on every issue. The left will answer with their ideological narrative, their facts, their tropes. They don't even consider any other perspective. You see that happening on this thread. People on the political right extreme do the same thing.

Even worse are the attacks to punish anyone questioning of the ideological narrative. I agree with Izzy on at least 80% of the issues (including his latest threads about police infiltrating peaceful groups. Ironically, Izzy gets more enraged when I agree with him then when I disagree... I think it is frightens him which is hy he denies it.

But 80% agreement isn't enough an ideological extreme. This variance in opinion can't be tolerated.

I have that problem all the time. I'm actually a Democrat, and I agree with the Democrats on many issues.

But I place facts and reality above leftist ideology. I also place civil liberties above leftist ideology. Because of that, most Democrats see me as their enemy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 07:49 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Do you really think that Democrats support looting and arson?

I really think that progressives do.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:39:46