I’m sick of this ideological bubble.

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 06:16 am
This group think has to stop. We’re part of a global community and as such should be reaching out to the other side.

Instead of the typical knee jerk reaction we should listen to what Al Qaida, IS, Boko Haram and The Taliban have to say.

Instead of this collective group think you need to think about what policies al Qaida and the rest have. Maybe you like their policies about destroying Israel, or denying girls education, or stopping all this loud music or makingwomen wrap up.

There has to be something you approve of. Get out of your ideological bubble, think for yourself and reach out to these happy chaps.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 388 • Replies: 11
No top replies

hightor

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 07:15 am
@izzythepush,
I'm appalled at the sympathy that people like Navalny get, and the criticism of the junta in Myanmar is just over the top.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 07:18 am
@hightor,
Exactly, more kneejerk group think.

Has anyone tried hanging out with juntas and poisoning/locking up dissidents?

You might like it. You won’t know unless you try.
hightor

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 08:04 am
@izzythepush,
I'm having lunch with the head of the local chapter of the Proud Boys today. I've invited some Sisters of Mercy along as well. Depending on how it goes, we may burn down a local office of Planned Parenthood for dessert.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 08:27 am
@hightor,
Well at least someone is trying.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 10:19 am
I love this thread! (I don't know if any sane people are reading this).

The United States is leaving Afghanistan. By leaving we are acknowledging that the Taliban has a place in Afghanistan, and any government in Afghanistan is going to have to work with them. In my opinion this is a good thing. For a colonial power to dictate who people should "listen to" in Afghanistan.

Izzy represents history's worst colonial power, and he provides a list of anti-colonial Islamic groups in a part of the world that his country had a big part of messing up through their idea that White people could fix the problem of brown people.

Al-Qeada is a terrorist group, and I abhor the violence. However, many people who support Al Qeada do so because they are opposing Guantanamo, drone strikes and continued military intervention.

Should we listen to people who feel this way? My personal opinion is that the colonial powers should get the **** out of these countries. The people of these countries will have to listen to each other as they see fit.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 10:23 am
The Proud Boys are a group of extremists. They

1, Are outraged by things they see in the country. Some of these things are legitimate, but they take it too any extreme.

2. They beleive that violence and threats of violence are valid when elections and court cases don't go their way.

3. Believe that the country lives on the extremes, and that anyone who doesn't agree with them completely aren't worth even talking to.

If the extreme left and the extreme right started listening to each other... I would think that would be a good thing. However, I suppose in that case they would no longer be extreme.

It is the extremism that is the problem.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 11:56 am
It is fascinating that in his attempt to argue that certain groups shouldn't be listened to-- he lists four Muslim groups. These groups have little in common except that they are Muslim. The Taliban is a political group with significant public support in Afghanistan; it will be an important part of any representative government.

I stand by my belief that we should listen to Black Lives Matter, and we should listen to the Proud Boys. Where they have a valid point, I am fine accepting it. When they are wrong I reject can reject it. Facts don't follow ideological lines.

If you don't listen to the Proud Boys, and you don't listen to Trump supporters, and you don't listen to White rural residents of depressed towns, and you don't listen to police unions and you don't listen to Conservative Christians and you don't listen to father's rights groups....

It is the people you refuse to listen to that defines your ideological bubble.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 01:04 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I'm having lunch with the head of the local chapter of the Proud Boys today. I've invited some Sisters of Mercy along as well. Depending on how it goes, we may burn down a local office of Planned Parenthood for dessert.

Dammit, you made me laugh...
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 02:14 pm
@glitterbag,
Isn’t that the point?

It’s supposed to be a bit of a chuckle, not a diuretic.

That one was for all the pants out there.

They do a wonderful job keeping all of that out of the way, and I for one appreciate it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 07:50 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I love this thread! (I don't know if any sane people are reading this).

Just you and me it seems.

maxdancona wrote:
The United States is leaving Afghanistan. By leaving we are acknowledging that the Taliban has a place in Afghanistan, and any government in Afghanistan is going to have to work with them. In my opinion this is a good thing.

In my opinion it is grounds for impeaching Mr. Biden.

We should stay there forever.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I’m sick of this ideological bubble.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:09:18