Is it still hard to find a job because of COVID?

Dsg1116

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 08:35 am

I’ve been employed for the past two years at the same place but I want a new job TERRIBLY. I’m unhappy and having no luck finding a job. I’ve been looking pretty consistently for the past few months and seem to have promising job interviews. The employers seem interested and tell me they’ll get back to me. Either they never do or obviously give me the bad news that I did not get the job. Even though, it seems promising in the interview process. I’m so frustrated, I’ve known of people able to get a job at this time. I can’t find a job, I can’t tell if I am having a hard time or if it’s because of covid. But things have gotten better and places are opening back up. I’m told I didn’t get the job because the role was offered to someone else. People are obviously hiring but just not hiring me. Why can’t I find work? Is it really due to covid?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 252 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 10:05 am
@Dsg1116,
Given no context at all, this is an impossible question to answer. So many cities, states, and countries and everyone has a different reopening schedule - that's if they are not even in current lockdown. The same goes for the several hundred different industries each with its own COVID work expansion/contraction schedules.

Two years in a given job isn't particularly too long or impressive. Hardly an Impressive blip on one's resume, let alone something that would entice a given respective employer to hire you (without any other notable qualifiers for a given decent job with benefits and a livable salary).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is it still hard to find a job because of COVID?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:51:48