Black and female privledge, can we have an honest discussion please?

longjon

Wed 7 Apr, 2021 07:08 pm
If these two murderers had been white and male, would they be getting a cushy plea deal?

Can we discuss this honestly and acknowledge the many double standards going on here?

Teens accused in fatal carjacking of Uber Eats driver to reportedly get cushy plea deal

https://nypost.com/2021/04/05/teens-accused-in-fatal-uber-carjacking-to-get-plea-deal-report/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 329 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

longjon

Wed 7 Apr, 2021 07:33 pm
And once Kamalla Harris becomes pres as planned, no one will be allowed to criticize or question her, precisely because of these privileges.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 7 Apr, 2021 08:04 pm
You don't want an honest discussion. You couldn't handle an honest discussion.

Honestly, what you are doing is ridiculous.

longjon

Wed 7 Apr, 2021 08:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You couldn't handle an honest discussion.

False.

Are you saying that you're incapable of an honest discussion? Because that's projection.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 7 Apr, 2021 09:21 pm
@longjon,
If I were interested in having an honest discussion... I wouldn't start by picking out a single story. This story is clearly cherry picked, and we don't even have all of the details.

A discussion about privilege would have to talk about populations in general. If you could show how Black couples got lower interest rates than equivalent White couple, then I would agree that this was an example of Black privilege.

If you showed that when you look at all the data, Black teens are less likely to get a long prison sentence than White teens for equivalent crimes, then you would have an intelligent point with which to start an honest discussion.

You haven't posted any data. I won't do your homework for you, but I suspect you will find that the data says the opposite.

You are starting with a ideological narrative, and then cherry picking stories that you think support it. This is not a good start for an honest discussion.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Black and female privledge, can we have an honest discussion please?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:52:50