What is wrong with Gun Smoke?

longly1

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2021 08:55 pm
Sometimes one gets tired of the serious stuff, so how about a little diversion?
The object of this game is what is wrong with Gun Smoke? You remember "Gun Smoke" the TV program that was on the air for twenty years. It was good entertainment but poor history.

The first question is why can‘t Matt’s part-time deputy ever be a marshal or even perhaps a full-time deputy. This is a very easy question for anyone who has any knowledge of the show and law enforcement and the legal system. Consider the social conditions of the country at the time. Perhaps Festus could get a waiver that would allow him to be a full-time deputy, but there is something that disqualifies him from ever being a U.S. Marshal; what is it.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 283 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hightor

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2021 04:09 am
@longly1,
He was lame.

His name was "Chester".

"Gun Smoke" is wrong as well — it's "Gunsmoke".
longly1

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2021 04:17 pm
@hightor,
I know, I saw it when it was too last to do anything about. I also missed a question mark.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2021 07:27 pm
No worries.

That's pretty much all I remember about the program...and Miss Kitty.

EDIT:

Okay, I did a search and there was a "Festus" who replaced "Chester" halfway through the lifetime of the series and I didn't even know that. The ball's in your court — and it's all yours!
0 Replies

longly1

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2021 10:27 pm
Festus is something of a shiftless character; he has no full-time job, but always seems to have money. In the past, he had an uneasy relationship with the law. However, Matt has been a good influence on Festus and Festus has learned to be a good part-time deputy with high regard for the law.

I liked ken Curtis the actor that played Festus; he was a good actor and an excellent singer. He never really made it big, but that is not because of his talent. I would think it had more to do with the fact that he wasn’t tall, and wasn’t practically good-looking. The world is not a fair place there are lots of talented people that never even get a chance. It is an advantage to be good-looking. My granddaughter is a sail rep, and her looks help her make sales; it doesn't make sense, and it is not fair, but that is the way it is.
farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 03:42 am
@longly1,
There was Chester,(who was never a deputy) "Newly"(who was a part-time deputy and physician in training) and then "Festus". There was also a semi-regular of a Native American , young, blacksmith namwd Quint played by Guess who?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is wrong with Gun Smoke?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 03:41:22