Book burning. The left is the new Nazi party.

longjon

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 01:47 pm
I have a simple question for the leftists here.

Why doesn't it bother you leftists that books are being censored and burned? This is exactly the same thing that the Nazis did. You know? Those folks you claim to oppose so much.

Dr. Seuss is a "racist" now according to the moronic, woke, leftist mob.

And this is perfectly fine with all the woke yuppies, that their children are being forced to read "White Fragility" instead of the Cat in the Hat!

I'm sure this won't damage these children's young fragile minds.

But you can't have it both ways, so I guess that Michelle Obama is a racist then!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 535 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

engineer

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 02:17 pm
@longjon,
Except no DS books are being burned and no books are being excluded from libraries. It is weird to see Fox personalities absolutely flipping out because DS's publisher decided to shelve some titles with overt racist tropes. I expect they will be demanding Disney release Song of the South again in theaters.
0 Replies

longjon

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 02:25 pm
Just so that we're all clear on what's going on here.

The left has proclaimed that Dr. Seuss is a "racist", but is perfectly fine with, and will defend a proven father/son child abusing duo being in the white house, and a New York governor who rapes women.

This how much the left actually cares about women and children.

Just so we're clear.
engineer

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 03:10 pm
@longjon,
longjon wrote:

The left has proclaimed that Dr. Seuss is a "racist"

Who has? I didn't see anything from the official left press office. Was it Pelosi? Obama? Any of your favorite "radical left" leaders? Or did you hear this the same place you heard about the "feminist bridge" that fell down?
longjon

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 04:05 pm
@engineer,
And how do you feel about all the raping that Cuomo has been doing and getting away with?

Why haven't you denounced that?
engineer

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 04:26 pm
@longjon,
The world is full of things I don't approve of, I don't feel the need to publicly denounce all of them.
longjon

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 04:38 pm
@engineer,
That certainly doesn't stop your selective outrage against every moral, decent person who isn't a woke Nazi weirdo. That's why you have TDS about the ACTUAL president.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 04:58 pm
@longjon,
Quote:
And how do you feel about all the raping that Cuomo has been doing
. Who says ? Weve just found out. Who were the only ones who ignored Plumps rape , and grabbing of privates ?

I think Cuomo is in his own fight. As far as I know, since its been made public its The Dems have asked him to resign .

reading comprehension skills are learned, why not try a bit??

Admit it, youre jut seeking some equivalence to 4 years of sick minded ,inept leadership from the fat orange muffin man.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 05:54 pm
Why is anyone responding to this silly thread?
longjon

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:06 pm
@maxdancona,
So you're perfectly A-OK with book burning then? just like the Nazis did.
maxdancona

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:13 pm
@longjon,
longjon wrote:

I love book burning! I will bring the marshmellows if you can bring some chocolate we can make Nazi smores.
longjon

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:30 pm
@maxdancona,
That's not surprising. And how do you feel about how Kamala Harris said that she believes all women, and that she's a feminist, and yet she hasn't spoken out in defense of all the rape victims of Cuomo?
maxdancona

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 07:21 pm
@longjon,
I think you are silly. And I think that anyone who responds to you in a serious way is wasting their time.
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 07:40 pm
@longjon,
Lol, cause "the left" is famously a fan of Andrew Cuomo.. that must be why leftists have been railing against him so much and why they tried to oust him in the last Democratic primary.

Then again the rest of this thread is just as silly..
maxdancona

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 07:54 pm

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 4 Mar, 2021 12:30 am
@nimh,
Silly and totally uneducated, especially when related to the campaign conducted by the German Student Union known as "Nazi book burning".
And that started under the headline "Action against the Un-German Spirit".
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 4 Mar, 2021 01:55 am
@longjon,
longjon wrote:

who do you think are burning books????
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 4 Mar, 2021 02:13 am
The Dr. Seuss Empire Is Only Getting Bigger After Discontinued Books Send Sales Soaring
Quote:
A day after the announcement of the cancellation, nine of the top 10 books on Amazon’s best-selling charts were by Dr. Seuss, though none were the six controversial titles. Those books are now much harder to get, and their prices on the secondary market have skyrocketed. On rare book site AbeBooks, first editions of And To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street are going for up to $9,000, while If I Ran the Zoo is selling for $8,200. On Barnes & Noble, both titles are already out of stock. Rare and children's bookstores, which typically get calls about The Cat in the Hat or How the Grinch Stole Christmas, have been handling increased requests for the six nixed titles.
[...]
The surprising announcement by Seuss Enterprises followed a 2019 study by the Conscious Kid's Library and the University of California-San Diego that found themes of orientalism and anti-Blackness in some of his books, and coincided with President Joe Biden excluding Seuss’ name from his Proclamation on Read Across America Day. Across conservative media, the titles were the latest victims of “cancel culture,” with Newsmax and Fox News hosts spending significant airtime on the matter.

What they didn’t acknowledge is that these six books make up only a sliver of the Seuss library—and the money-making machine that that library has become. Seuss Enterprises earned a record $33 million before taxes in 2020, up from just $9.5 million five years earlier—thanks to a flurry of lucrative Hollywood deals, including Netflix.

“We put our big boy pants on,” Seuss Enterprises president Susan Brandt told Forbes last year, referring to the company’s business strategy.
[...]
Presumably that’s the real reason why Seuss Enterprises preemptively self-canceled the books—to protect its other valuable intellectual property. After all, the company will collect seven-figure checks for the rights to use the source material in the films, plus bonuses depending on box-office performance Seuss has also taken live entertainment by storm: Once the world opens up again, the traveling Dr. Seuss exhibit will continue. During its five-month run in Toronto pre-pandemic, the show sold 175,000 tickets and $1 million in merchandise.

As for the soaring sales of his titles? Book sales made up more than $16 million of Seuss’ earnings last year. Even with six fewer titles in his catalog in 2021, expect that number to grow bigger than the Grinch’s heart.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Book burning. The left is the new Nazi party.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:19:29