kitchen knives

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:31 am
How on earth do you dispose of kitchen knives?

If youve bought a new set of knives and want to get rid of the old set how do you get rid of them?Surely they cant be binned.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 775 • Replies: 14
No top replies

MinDSaY

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:42 am
Re: kitchen knives
material girl wrote:
How on earth do you dispose of kitchen knives?

If youve bought a new set of knives and want to get rid of the old set how do you get rid of them?Surely they cant be binned.

Why can't they be binned though? Even my parents refused to bin them so they went down some skip yard or something (not sure) .
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:30 am
I keep thinking of the bin men that collect the rubbish.If one of those knives snapped and pinged out of the truck and went inot them Id be mortified!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:43 am
Do you have cardbaord boxes? If so, cut strips twice as wide and 2 or 3 inches longer than the knife you are trying to dispose of. Then slip the knife in between the cardboard. Makes a nice little sheath. Then you can tape them all together and put them in a plastic bag. No points to harm anyone!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:48 am
I saw a garbageman lifting up a can of garbage one time and as he raised the can over his head a kitchen knife slipped out and impaled the poor bastard's heart.

He died on the spot.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:08 am
I think you'd be okay just by taping the points and edges with shipping or electrical tape.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:33 am
all good ideas... and gus' was the best for getting rid of any pesky garbage guy
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:46 am
You could donate them to a charity shop, mg.

I have a wicked set of knives in a rack on the kitchen wall. Hardly ever use them but the sight of them is intimidating, I've been told.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:09 am
Charity shop is a good idea but Im worried I may impale myself on them whilst walking there.

Come to think of it Ive never seen knives in a charity shop.

I heard hooha a while back about people going into shops that sell knives, getting them out of the display case and stabbing shop assistance!!Dont know how true it is.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:27 am
Aren't you sweet material girl. Most people would not even give it a second thought. At least your garbage man will not have to worry about a fate similar to Gus'.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:39 am
Thank you, I dont know about sweet but the idea of leaving the house to find a dead dustman on the driveway doesnt give me the best karma.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:42 am
Oh the humanity.
GUS, DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE GETTING THAT SHOVEL THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 12:37 pm
Bury them in the backyard, next to the skulls.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:15 pm
(it ain't a shovel -- its a pitchfork...)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:32 pm
I meant the shovel he uses to dispense his "truths"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » kitchen knives
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 01:31:15