How can I sort out my relationship mess?

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2021 03:06 am
I moved country to be with my wife. I have struggled to adjust and learn the language. We have a child together. My daughter is nearly 6. I haven´t found work and have no ties to the community, no family or friends near me. My wife has plenty of money and controls everything, sets the rules. She works and leaves me to care for the child. I´ve done it full time since almost the birth of my daughter. My wife shows no interest in our daughter´s progress and won´t teach our daughter the local language. I see my wife cruel, taking toys away from our daughter, just over eating a small plate of fish which my daughter doesn´t like. My daughter cries and cries until I step in and comfort her and try to find a compromise. My wife shows no compassion, almost never plays with nor talks to our daughter. Due to covid our child doesn´t go to school for now and I just see this is leaving her behind in studies. It´s not what I want. I´ve been threatened to not express my worries or complaints or else I will be thrown out. That would mean finding my own money to return to my country on the other side of the world. I do all the shopping for the house, my wife plays computer games most of the time even when she is home. My opinions and ideas fall on deaf ears, even though I´m supposed to listen to topics my wife wants to discuss. My wife uses sex as a weapon, she insists on it when she wants, but other times refuses me sex when she´s off mood or not pleased with me asserting myself and saying when I think things are not right. I try to let many things go but it´s hurting my mental health. I don´t have enough household money left for me. My relatives all say I should leave and give up, but I care about my daughter´s future and love her very dearly. I don´t know how I could deal with the pain of being on the other side of the world, no longer controlled but also no longer to ensure my child is safe and happy. As it´s international and the child was born here, I know I would have no power to take my daughter with me. My wife has always been careful to never physically cause my daughter harm, in fact just shows a bit of tough love and more this disinterest. I´m the one that´s always felt hurt, silenced, manipulated. My daughter has always been unscathed, even on two occasions when I went on brief holiday to my country and left my daughter behind. I returned to see my daughter happy and safe, untouched. The whole thing leaves me perplexed, feeling under valued and upset, confused. For a while I was drinking heavily to cope. I´ve managed to completely stop that but now the worries and thoughts just flood me every day. I really don´t know what to do. Nobody knows what my wife is like at home. They see her as this beaming good member of the community. She´s so different outside. In a way my rational mind screams at me to leave and just be free, but my heart holds me to want to fight for my daughter.
How do I get out of this mess? My wife never negotiates, doesn´t change one bit and I have no money, no power, no local knowledge. All I can see is that my wife could still throw me out one day, or not....she has told me I only continue with her because I´m useful to care for the child. It´s blunt, blatant. I´m literally a slave for love with no life, so much stress and no way to get the free time I need (especially as an introvert that needs space). If I stay, I wear myself down and suffer. If I leave, I will have the pain of worrying how my daughter goes in life. I´m not convinced my wife will arrange travels or even video calls. She is very vindictive and uncaring. How can I cope, what can I possibly do? What is right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 177 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » How can I sort out my relationship mess?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:30:50